• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speed strip for my Processor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TekeTorvo

I am lost when it comes to trying to figure out if my processor will benifit from the Speed Strip.

AXDA2600KV3D 9304855270494
AIUHB 0301MPMW

Any assistance would be great.

DKV3D [166] x 12.5 = 2083 MHz T-Bred B.

Abit and Soltek mobos post all multipliers, so you would not need any modifications.

Other mobos may post only lower range (12.5 and lower) or higher range (13 and higher) multipliers and need modifications to get access to the other range, etc.

It depends on your mobo brand and what multi you need.

ok for those of u who have done your homework (doesnt look like anybody has)
the speedstrip of which u speak only works on CPU's with a AXIA stepping
yours is of the AXDA kind
sorry but it will not work

The Speed Strip was designed specifically to unlock the AMD Athlon XP CPUs, based on the Thoroughbred and Barton cores. The goal is to make the process as simple as possible without requiring any special skills. The Speed Strip unlocks the multiplier from 5x-12.5x without having to make any permanent modifications to the CPU itself. Installation of the Speed Strip is simple and fully reversible. The Speed Strip works in conjunction with motherboards that provide multiplier and bus speed adjustments in the bios, unlocking the true power of your CPU.

Please note, AMD is beginning to ship newer Athlon XPs locked from the factory and the Speed Strip fails to unlock them. There is an excellent article on this here
http://www.ocforums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=244237
that has a lot of useful information including how to identify if your processor is one that is affected. They also discuss possible work arounds. In the meantime, we are going to continue to look into this and will keep you posted.

They link to our forum :)

Anyway AXIA was a Thunderbird, not Thoroughbred or Barton, SpoonMaN.

Homework: http://www.speed-strip.com/over.htm

SpoonMaN said:
ok for those of u who have done your homework (doesnt look like anybody has) the speedstrip of which u speak only works on CPU's with a AXIA stepping yours is of the AXDA kind sorry but it will not work

Last edited:
AXIA is a stepping of TBird CPUs, its not part of the model number. AXIA is like JIUHB and the like for TbredBs. AXDA is part of the model number. AXDA means its a Tbred/Barton CPU, for which the speed strip was designed. In anyway, the Tbirds didn't work at over x12.5 multi anyway, only the 200FSB ones had internal multi ramping.

The motherboard I am useing is the Asus A7N8X Deluxe. The Speed Strip web site http://store.yahoo.com/sidewindercomputers/speedstripssa1.html list the AXDA as the processor as the one that is used. I am confused now, more than I was.

I have learned this though. For 15 bucks, I can try it and if it doesn't work, no harm done. I will let you know if it works.

In the mean time, anyone familiar with the Asus A7N8X Deluxe, and what settings I need to make in the BIOS to get this processor to unlock?

After writing that last sentence, theres something you may need to know. I am NOT wanting to overclock my Processor. If it is a 3200+ Native, and can be unlocked, then I want it unlocked, but I am by no means wanting to push this processor faster than it was intended.

It may if I have the speed strip. I know I tried to run it at 400 FSB and it would not boot.

TekeTorvo, you should have access to all lower range (12.5 and lower) multipliers out of the box, no need to be confused.

You would need a higher range (13 and up) if you had PC2100 RAM, so if you have PC2700 RAM or higher RAM, you don't need this speed strip for your factory unlocked AXDA2600KV3D AIUHB 0301MPMW processor.

MHz speed = [FSB] x multiplier

Average OC is 2.3 GHz

PC2700 overclocks to high 180s or low 190s FSB.

If you dont have a rev 2.0 thats prolly your no 200 fsb boot problem right there .. I think 1.04 / 1/07 had issues going over 180 ish ? Right guys ?

Because I am a noob to say the least when it comes to Overclocking. I just had to reset my BIOS because I tried to set the CPU Ext Freq to 200 Mhz.

CPU Freq Multiple says max it will go to is 12.5.

BTW I have 2x Kingston 512 PC3200 ram.

If someone could explain in lay-mans terms how I would unlock this processor, (Unless it is stuck at 2600+) or tell me where I would find such information, it would greatly be appreciated.

Ahhhhhhh. I understood by the Speed strip advertisement, that I could turn my 2600+ into a 3200+ processor. Because mine is a week 1, it was out long before the 3200 was thought of. I totally misunderstood the whole thing. Think I understand now. Thanks everyone for all the help. Guess I can't get more out of it with out Overclocking it.

You haven't done your homework, dude. You should just stay away from overclocking before someone gets hurt. You should be able to get really high speeds from your processor as in at least 2.3Ghz. A 3200 only goes to 2.2Ghz. Anyway, that speed strip helps you in absolutely NO WAY! You just need to learn SOMETHING about overclocking before you try it. You have a real good setup for overclocking by the way. Just don't try anything.

The reason why your comp wouldn't boot at 200Mhz FSB is because the multiplier is just way too high. Do 12.5 times 200 and you'll see what I mean. You need to up the voltage a bit too. Just try upping the fsb by 1Mhz from stock untill your comp doesn't boot any more and stay at that for a while. DON'T touch anything else untill you at least learn a bit more.

"Quote" You haven't done your homework, dude. "End Quote"

Thats why I came here. To do my homework.

"Quote" DON'T touch anything else untill you at least learn a bit more. ""End Quote"

That's why I came here. To learn, and not mess chit up.

LOL, They come in all shapes and sizes, and EVERY forum you will ever go to.

Back