• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sporadic internet speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poMONKey

i know i know... but it happens to be that i did a tracert in command prompt and after the 5th hop, the request timed out for the rest of the trace ( 30 hops )

called my isp, they say nothing is showing, no past stuff showing up and to call if it happens again... which has been done many times now

havent really checked the network card in depth, but it seems fine and i just had the modem replaced with a "new" one :rolleyes: that i just rebooted along with the computer

oh no... help

tia

It might not actually be your fault but rather your ISP's. Maybe your ISP doesn't allow packets for traceroute to be sent/received outside of the ISP's network,and that is why it is timing out. Since the first 5 hops work ok (i'm guessing this is within your ISP), it is not a problem with your connection.

Back