• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Ssd power cable wrong angle help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mazz4

So my psu sata power doesn't fit, looks like this, its on right side thou pointing down an hx750 from 2007 images~2.jpeg

Then i bought a new 2.5 ssd, the L angle shape wen looking at it with ssd not reversed...looks like this ssd.jpeg

I cant find any compatible wire online. Shud i buy new psu and expect correct wire? Can i just break the l shape so it fits the pins?

Last edited:
No, don't break the key (the L shape), it's like that for a reason.

What's the problem exactly? If it's a normal 2.5" SSD, it'll have the same SATA power plug as the power supply. Is the cable hitting something?

OP
M

mazz4

Worked nvm. For som reason connector rusty so took a bit to connect thing is when i saw the l shape was different, thought the connector was wrong since psu is not recent, then googled it and theres folks complaining same thing...so it kinda tricked me thinking it was wrong wire...well ty the input anyway k take care

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I think a better picture of the connector would be helpful...

If google the drive, it seems that's its a normal Sata connector. Is the green thing a protector that should be removed??