• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSDs Come Of Age . . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gvblake22

"SSDs Come Of Age . . . "

So what about hybrid drives that everyone (Microsoft, Samsung, Hitachi) was talking up? Only seems like a logical step between the uber expensive SSD's and rust...
Maybe just adding a giant cache/buffer doesn't end up yielding the performance improvement everyone was hoping for and it isn't worth it? Seems like a good idea to me...:shrug:

eaglescouter

Frustrating Senior SETI Nut!
With the rapid downward pricing in flash memory it is logical that these ssd's will become more affordable. Unfortunately the pricing seems to remain at the $1,000+ level even after 3 years of component price reductions.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Yeah the pricing is up there otherwise I'd be on this with the decent sized 128Gigs coming soon. Just those $1000+ Prices even for the 64Gig models really suck.

I mean if we can go out today and even get 2Gig of Micro SD card for under $30 you'd since the chips are surly bigger than whats in that even it should defiantly be affordable to us in the near future. Since those have to come at a nice price premium just because its so small even though thats dirt cheap.