• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stability testing safety?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithan

Disabled
Hi I'm thinking about running stabtest overnight to be sure my system is stable. However I'm worried about the system hanging and staying hung for several hours. In there any risk if that should happen? Up until now I've always watched my systems during stability tests. (Heat's not an Issue... I'm 45* on die at full load.)

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
If you're not worried about heat then there's nothing else that's going to literally kill your machine over an extended period of time. If it hangs and your temps are fine you'll undoubtably be experience memory or driver issues.

OP
Lithan

Lithan

Disabled
I'm testing overclocked stability. Not default specs stability.

nut581

Lithan, u should be just fine :) .. have your mobo turn on the alarm function (most mobos have this), so whenever your cpu temp goes over certain degree (u can set this), your pc speaker will scream ... but don't blame me if it screams at 3 am :)