• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stacking Fans Question???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jackthemeangiant

Hey, I have an o/c Duron 600 ~> 1Ghz, and I am using a GlobalWin Fop38 for cooling. I also have on my hands, a GlobalWin Fop32, wich is where my question comes in.

I noticed that the fans are the same size, and thought about stacking them on top of each other.

Does anyone know if this is a good idea?...Or if it accualy will make any difference?...

If it is a good idea?...is it better to have the faster fan on the bottem or the top?..

Thanks Alot,
Jack

It certainly isn't additive. A 28cfm and a 20cfm fan does not make one 48cfm fan. There are wave harmonic type things happening where the angle of the blades and stuff comes into play. The SuperOrb has two fans and it sucks. And not in the good sense.

Give it a shot and report back. But if it works poorly, don't fry the CPU.

You might try and get the fan on the side of the heatsink maybe pulling or blowing you'll probably see better results that way. You may be able to screw in on the side or use like a hot glue gun (that way you can get it off easier than super glue). Well just a thought.

-dasouthernocer

It might not be a good idea since they show different cfms.
But u could try to make a pyramid of the two fans, and make covers on the sides. To make it look like this ^ . This might give u some better performance.

I HAVE A GLOBAL WIN 32 ON MY T-BIRD 1000@1177. IT WAS RUNNING 35C AT IDLE AND 52C AT FULL LOAD. I ALSO HAD A COUPLE OF COOLER MASTERS THAT WERE THE SAME SIZE OF THE GLOBAL. ICHECKED TO FIND OUT WHICH PUT OUT MORE AIR. THEN TOOK THE SLOWER AND PUT IT ON THE HEAT SINK. THEN I TOOK SOME 10,000 COPPER SHEETING. MADE A 2INCH BOX SPACER. ATACHED IT TO THE TOP OF THE FAN ON THE HEAT SINK.THEN I ATACHED THE SLOWER FAN ON TOP. THE RESULTS WERE TO INCREASE THE SPEED OF THE BOTTOM FAN AND TO DECREASE TEMPS ALL AROUND. 31C@IDLE AND44C@FULL LOAD. IT MAY NOT WORK FOR EVERY ONE. BUT IT SURE DID ME.

Back