• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Standard VGA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S14SR

Registered
OK, I uninstalled my old display drivers to install the new ones, I rebooted, and tried to install the new drivers, now my system says I have to set my display mode to vga or something, i rebooted like 100 times, nothing ... how can I set my settings to VGA ?? I really need to install the new drivers.

I dont know if this helps but i think thats because you have no vid card drivers installed therefore its asking to install default generic VGA drivers, you should simply cancel it and install the new drivers or select choose drivers to install.....

I think i'm on the right track with that....... anyone care to add?

TeLoS said:
I dont know if this helps but i think thats because you have no vid card drivers installed therefore its asking to install default generic VGA drivers, you should simply cancel it and install the new drivers or select choose drivers to install.....

I think i'm on the right track with that....... anyone care to add?

The thing is, its just cancels the installation of the new driver .... I have no choise in that :S, and Im trying to figure out how to set my display driver to VGA default.

Depending on which version of windows you're using, you can just tell it to search for the best driver, but don't specify any. If there aren't any drivers matching the vid cards ID, it'll install a standard VGA driver. Like i mentioned before, this is dependant upon which version of windows you have. (you didn't mention it in your post).

Whenever a vid card driver is not installed, windows defaults to standard VGA or 640x480 and it can reach SuperVGA on the default driver or 800x600, you probly use modes like UltraVGA or 1024x768 XtremeGA, or 1280x768,812,960,1024, SuperXGA, or 1400x1040, or UltraXGA, or 1600x1200, then there are successively higher modes with acronyms that I cannot remember

Back