• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Start up problem..KT7A-R..help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniper

Registered
I reseated the RAM and it powers up for maybe 3-5 secs and shuts off again.
It sounds like the hard drive is trying to start up and boom it shuts off.

KT7A-R
Duron650
Alpha Pep66
30GB IBM 75GXP hdd

check on all the cards in slots, then if they're all seated right try clearing the cmos. (with the power supply turned off)

Make sure the H/S Fan is connected to the FAN 1 header.

From Paul's Unofficial ABIT KT7 FAQ

"If you have BIOS version WW or WZb00, and you get four beeps and then the machine shuts down, this is because these versions of the BIOS will shut down your machine if no fan tachometer signal is detected on FAN1 header. Make sure you attach a fan to this header! BIOS WZb01 and later have this functionality disabled by default, and it can be enabled in the BIOS."

hook a fan into fan header 1
then boot it up

then i would suggest flashing to the WZ FINAL bios

it works very well and more stable than the rest
and you an turn the fan header protection off also in this bios

Everything runs now..I did have it in Fan2...just missed the small detail about the Fan1 spot being further away from the processor than the Fan2 spot.

Excuse my ignorance Azz, but how do I do the WZ bios?

I flashed the WZ bios last night and began to have major problems with my USB connected cable modem. I tried the beta WZ110b and teh same thing happened, so I reflashed WW and have had no problems. Anybody else having similar probs? Am I doing something wrong?
Bug

You can get the latest BIOS from here

Back