• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

static pressure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

travenwatts

does the static pressure on a particular fan matter? I know the pressure goes up with increasing CFM, but does it have an affect on cooling? A fan with the same CFM might operate at a higher static pressure, so I was just wondering if it helped or hurt in any way.

OP
T

travenwatts

i guess what i am wanting to know is, if i am looking for some case fans do i need to be concerned with static pressure?? i guess that would've been clearer if i said that the first time. :)

Since87

If you are concerned with whether you have positive or negative case pressure, then yes you do need to be concerned with static pressure.

N

nerdlogic

Yes...Static pressure is important when you're planning on putting it atop a HS. You have to remember, though, that the bigger the fan, the less static pressure there is at an certain CFM. Say you get a 92mm fan and an 80mm fan and both put out 70 CFM of air...The 80mm fan will generate more static pressure than the 92mm fan.