• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 - Resistance Is Futile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lordkosc

:santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:
Just about EVERYTHING is on SALE, up to 80% off some games!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/

:sly:
THE FINAL DAY
Sunday 01/03/10 DEALS :

Torchlight - $4.99
Grand Theft Auto IV - $7.49
Defense Grid: The Awakening - $2.49
Left 4 Dead 2 - $33.49
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - $2
Killing Floor - $4.99
BioShock - $4.99

PS: if you bought Mass Effect yesterday, the DLC for it is FREE , here : CLICK ME

Stuff YOU missed out on!!!

Tuesday 12/22 -Wednesday 12/23 DEALS :
Mirrors Edge - $5.00
Operation Flash Point - $20.00
GTA IV - $7.50
Defense Grid - $2.50
STALKER - $2.00

Thursday 12/24 DEALS :
Need for Speed: Shift - $37.49
id Super Pack - $23.79
Football Manager 2010 - $29.99
Left 4 Dead 2 - $33.49
L4D2 4-pack - $100.49
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - $9.99

Friday 12/25 DEALS :
Elf Bowling: Hawaiian Vacation - $1.00
Battlefield 2: Complete Collection - $7.49
King's Bounty: Armored Princess - $9.99
Cogs - $1.99
Resident Evil 5 - $24.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $9.99

Saturday 12/26 DEALS :
Torchlight - $4.99
Universe at War: Earth Assault - $4.99
Star Wars Premier Pack - $24.99
LUMINES Base + Advance Pack - $2.29
Dragon Age Origins - $37.49
Dragon Age Origins: Deluxe - $48.74
Prototype - $19.99

Sunday 12/27 DEALS :
Zombie Driver - $2.49
Hearts of Iron III - $7.49
Dead Space - $10.19
Day of Defeat: Source - $2.49
Complete PopCap Collection - $49.99

Monday 12/28 DEALS :
The Orange Box - $14.99
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $7.49
Space Siege - $4.99
Killing Floor - $4.99
Prey - $2.25 SOLD OUT
Bioshock - $4.99 ADDED

Tuesday 12/29 DEALS :
King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame - $20
Stormrise - $7.49
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - $7.50
Mr. Robot - $2
Jade Empire: Special Edition - $3.75
Silent Hill Homecoming - $10

Wednesday 12/30 DEALS :
Left 4 Dead - $7.49
Osmos - $1.99
FIFA Manager 10 - $33.49
Sid Meier's Civilization IV - $6.79
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword - $6.79
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $10.19
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition $13.60
Max Payne - $2.49
Max Payne 2 - $2.49
Max Payne Bundle $3.74

Thursday 12/31 DEALS :
Medieval II: Total War - $4.99
Multiwinia + Darwinia - $2.99
Shattered Horizon - $4.99
Street Fighter IV - $9.99
Crysis Maximum Edition - $13.59
Half Life: Source - $2.49

Friday 01/01/10 DEALS :
Sam & Max Complete - $14.99
RedLynx Trials 2: Second Edition - $2.49
Devil May Cry 4 - $22.49
Mass Effect - $4.99
Portal - $4.99
DOOM Pack Complete - $13.59

Saturday 01/02/10 DEALS :
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - $10.19
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising - $6.79
Command & Conquer 3 : Tiberium Wars - $10.19
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath - $6.79
Counter-Strike: Source - $4.99
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition - $4.99
Painkiller: Collectors Pack - $8.74
Trine - $4.99

The post over at Slickdeals is way more detailed....
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1762442

Last edited:
Mirror's Edge, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, and Defense Grid now purchased. I already have both STALKERS, plus extra copies of each that came with graphics cards, so no luck on that deal :(

Yeah I got Torchlight over the weekend. Absolute digital crack, I only wish I had started my first game on harder than normal, I got some good items and a few upper skills and my character can tear through dungeons like crazy now.

Steam's super cheap game sales over the last 3 or so months have gotten me to buy more games than I had for a long time prior to that. The demos are what sell me half the time. Thinking about Deus Ex GOTY edition, a classic game that I never played. The only things I have to think twice about are ones where I'd really like to have a manual (some RPGs and RTS) so I always check etailers for boxed versions too.

Last edited:
So far I got...

Torchlight: $9.99
Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl: $1.99
Defense Grid: $2.50
GTA 4: $7.49

Steam is making me broke. :cry:

Arma: Combat Operations, 6.79

Unreal 2: The Awakening
Unreal Gold
Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition
Unreal Tournament 3 Black
Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition
All for 13.59

I need to browse some more - I'm on the digital bandwagon might buy a few games I already own (UT series???) if it means I can register them on Steam and get rid of the CD's =) - it sure is a heck of a lot easier than managing patches and finicky optical drives...

[EDIT]: Looks like that $2 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. deal and the others mentioned in the OP are only for the next 26 hours or so (there's a timer on the steam store homepage). Better move on that if you want it (I sure did)!

Looking forward to seeing (rather,"blindly hoping for") some EA stuff 90% off in the coming days (C+C, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc)!

Last edited:
Never played STALKER ... good game?
I read up on some reviews, thinking for 2 bucks it must be a cheap flash game carryover... but wow! It looks very, very nice and is very well reviewed by ordinarily harsh game critics - I can think of dumber things I've wasted 2 bucks on - can't wait for some "me" time to give this a run-through (family arrived yesterday for the holidays)!

Yeah I got Torchlight over the weekend. Absolute digital crack, I only wish I had started my first game on harder than normal, I got some good items and a few upper skills and my character can tear through dungeons like crazy now.

Steam's super cheap game sales over the last 3 or so months have gotten me to buy more games than I had for a long time prior to that. The demos are what sell me half the time. Thinking about Deus Ex GOTY edition, a classic game that I never played. The only things I have to think twice about are ones where I'd really like to have a manual (some RPGs and RTS) so I always check etailers for boxed versions too.

I'm in the same boat. I was very, very wary of Steam and all other digital distribution "stores," but the EXTREME convenience of being able to install/uninstall games I own on any computer any number of times without dealing with discchecks, SecuROM, CD-keys and other DRM headaches is frankly amazing. I wish all of my games and software could be registered with Steam, but alas too many other software developers (Microsoft, Blizzard, etc) are trying to compete with "digital stores" of their own to make that happen... maybe someday!

Fallout 3 GOTY for $37.50, just what I've been waiting for, if I only had the money :-/

Killing Floor is $10, good deal.

I'm thinking of getting the unreal pack, but already have UT3 and UT99 from the last deal, so it may not be worth it for me.

Wow some great deals on steam right now. I have to say if you haven't played Mirror's Edge yet buy it now! $4.99 for that game is an amazing deal, I hope they make a 2nd one.

The Rockstar Holiday pack is impressive, but not my cup of tea since I have trouble enjoying the GTA series:
Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Manhunt
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Midnight Club 2
Wild Metal

$87.42 Individual price
$69.99 Package price
-$23.10 Holiday Sale
$46.89 Total!

Personally, I LOVE Max Payne 1/2... they also fall in the "I own it but I'd buy it again on Steam" category, but not with all that racing/GTA flak attached :p

I've sprung so far for Mirror's edge and STALKER myself... I'd jump on more but my wallet's already strained from holiday shopping and I think that's a well spent $7 that should last my gaming sweet-tooth for awhile... will certainly pay attention to tomorrow's deals though!

Last edited:
Back