• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 - Resistance Is Futile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is it possible to add the key to your steam account?
If it's a valve game, the answer is yes.

If it's not, it must be on this list:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

I truly WISH I could simply register/download ALL of my games/software on Steam, but alas that would require Blizzard, EA and every other developer to allow Steam full distribution rights (which I suppose big-box stores like WM/BB wouldn't appreciate, since Steam tends to undercut MSRP nicely, if not consistently).

The only downside to Steam-installed gaming is that you have to have an internet connection to install (naturally), and update patches are sometimes delayed, which is less of an issue if you don't play games right as they come out (a wallet-healthy habit ;)).

STALKER is one of my top three games of all time. Helluva game for $2. I easily spent 40 hours++ playing it, then again with mods.

I picked up GTA IV too.

I believe you can get the manuals for steam games online. It's somewhere in steam.

edit:
They are on the steam store page,
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=793206

Heh yeah I don't need the manuals from Steam itself for any particular reason, it would just be another digital copy. If it wasn't clear I was talking about having a printed manual (or less importantly other goodies) which means buying the retail box. For single player games it's not a big deal to wait a year or so when they're like $15-20 anyway.

47 minutes as of this post to get games from this current set. I bought Mirrors Edge for a friend of mine, and STALKER for myself. Though STALKER seems to make me a bit motion sick. :(

At least I've got a little bit of cash left over from christmas shopping to snap up a few more deals.

I just spend 42 bucks on FIVE games....pimptastic....Audiosurf, STALKER, Dirt, Killing Floor, and WiC. Value abounds here people.

Maybe I'm immature, but I'm mad as hell. 6 hours after I buy the Id Super Pack (the one thing on steam I was waiting to go on sale) it went even deeper into discount, at 23.79. I've got a ticket in to get the price lowered for me since I haven't even dl'd it yet... I bought it while I was at work today. :(

Maybe I'm immature, but I'm mad as hell. 6 hours after I buy the Id Super Pack (the one thing on steam I was waiting to go on sale) it went even deeper into discount, at 23.79. I've got a ticket in to get the price lowered for me since I haven't even dl'd it yet... I bought it while I was at work today. :(

That happened to me with Dragon Age and their response was 'you agreed to the price when you bought it.'

That happened to me with Dragon Age and their response was 'you agreed to the price when you bought it.'

I buy a LOT of games. I'm sure they'll be cool about it, but still the thing was 4 FREAKING HOURS later. :\

Either way, a good deal but saving 12$ would be a nice christmas gift if you ask me.

updated for today's deals , sorry for the later post, you know holiday going on and all... =p

theres a starwars pack, I remember using the skills were quite fun in jedi outcast or was it academy (they look the same) (grab enemy by neck with force and throw them away, light saber shield and rape the enemies.), too bad kotor is not in the pack.

hmm i'm gonna get kotor anyway kotor 2 is not yet on steam so they might bundle it and **** me off with a better price when it comes.

I feel like getting it but I remember I hated some part of it. (the getting lost part, and dizzyness)

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2103/
anyone whose played those want to give me some advice. I got css on sale and kind of disappointed there.

I'd get dirt but I'm not sure how competitive it is., realistic games are usually competitive. or at least a game with a lot of players would be.(i like competitive how suck is it to buy an online game to have limp players.)

they should really make a gundam wing game that plays like jedi knight's saber battles.(maybe they do but I've never heard of it)

Last edited:
GTA IV for 7$ YESSSSSSSSSSS

Grabbed a few other games for pennys on the dollar. I love buying games cheap!

Back