• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 - Resistance Is Futile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaymz9350

it was 7.50? arrgh

Yep. I kept debating if I was going to get it or not (already own retail of BF2 and SF) but couldn't resist the price. I don't think I've played it in a long time just because I swear it takes 2 hours at least to install and patch it all.

fusion509

I resisted and resisted and resisted, then i gave up an bought Star wars knights of the old republic. ONLY $4.99!

AlucardCasull

Yep. I kept debating if I was going to get it or not (already own retail of BF2 and SF) but couldn't resist the price. I don't think I've played it in a long time just because I swear it takes 2 hours at least to install and patch it all.

That's depressing, i was waiting for it to go on sdale, that was THE game I wanted to get on sale.

OP
lordkosc

lordkosc

I still play DoDs , its old school shooter fun in WW2 setting.

Updated list.

I am gonna get Dead Space I think...

SteveLord

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is 4.99. The coop missions alone are worth it. It's a lot of fun.

Chixofnix

I wanted to chime in again:

I wavered when Torchlight was $10. This weekend it fell temporarily to $5 so I gave it a drop too...

Oh.My.Gosh! This IS Diablo 3 without the wait! I'm absolutely loving this game (and it's performance on older hardware) - my only concern is now I'm not sure Diablo 3 will be able to blow my socks off so easily! I've been playing a "barbarian" of sorts, and he's already picked up skills that look very much like all the jaw-dropping stuff in the Diablo 3 video prequels...

Best $5 I've spent in a very very long while! Easily worth the $10 you can still nab it at!

hajalie24

I played 240 hours of it before I got a bit tired of it. The game is nothing compared to L4D and tripwire constantly releases updates to it. In fact, the mod came out way before left 4 dead even came out.

I do have a guest pass if you want to try it out.

OP
lordkosc

lordkosc

naw don't waste it on me , i posted a message on my gaming clan forum , if enough get it, i will too.

SteveLord

It's a lot of grinding. But it's a good game for the price. And the rounds go faster than they do in L4D.

It only has 1 game type though. Defend from wave after wave of zombies. Fight same boss each time. There's always exploits that make him too easy to kill however.

killem2

I almost bought that starwars pack for 24.99. 10 games.. But I declined. Kind of regretting it now but oh well. :) There is always next year for even more games I am sure ! :p