• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam holiday sale 2010 - starting 12-20

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I bought the Sniper ghost warrior yesterday for 29.99 and it was on sale today for 14.99. I asked them if they could do anything about it and they refunded my money and said I could re-buy it at 14.99. They said this would be the only time.

So, I bought battlefield bad company 2 since sniper warrior sucked. HAHA! Got some steam dollars left over for some other games.

Fallout 3 has been < $20 before but it's a great game and worth $20 imo.

So far not too impressed. But that is because I already own a decent amount of games. : P Disappointed that EVERY Star Wars game is on sale... except TFU2. Oh well I am getting Jedi Knight and Lego Star Wars collection for $10 each haha.

Fallout 3 has been < $20 before but it's a great game and worth $20 imo.
But I don't think the GOTY edition has ever been that price, just the game by itself. IIRC
That's what I guessed - this seems a new low (in a good sense) - gonna bite before it's gone in 30 minutes =).

Call me crazy but the Square pack for $75 actually looks tempting.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6931/
Whenever considering one of these mega-bundles, I think you have to ask yourself - which titles (that you don't already own) interest you, and can you get those specific titles for less separately? IMHO, digital copies of games that will only (figuratively) gather dust for lack of interest shouldn't sway a purchasing decision one way or another... It's kinda hard to have an opinion on everything within such huge bundles... but I can share my thoughts/experiences on some titles:

In that bundle,
  • FFXI was great for its time and I really enjoyed it (maybe too much), though if I were to pick up an MMORPG today I'd probably look to something more up-to-date... On specials this (with all expansions) is dirt cheap but there's still the monthly fee to consider...
  • Batman is something still on my list to play - I understand it's awesome
  • Deus Ex: IW is probably recommendable today, but its ground-breaking prequel was another of those "awesome for its time" games that may not appeal to modern fans of the genre, seeing as FPS action-rpg's have come a long way since in many respects... It's worth noting that it seems of late both deus ex titles seem to get packaged together for cheap outside of huge bundles.
  • After that, I'm personally not a fan of Lara Croft (well really, the tomb raider controls in my experience are the real turnoff), but if you need your top-heavy female Indiana Jones fix it looks like this the titles included may help sway your decision =)
  • I recall trying Supreme Commander (first one) and concluding "meh..." after playing with some friends, so it's sequel hasn't grabbed my attention...

To the remaining titles - I have no comments/experience to add.

Last edited:
I have The Last Remnant, 80-100 hours played and still didn't finish. Amazing game. The only other games in the package I have are the Deus Ex stuff, and I found it really boring. The combat system sucks, you just aim in the general direction of the enemy and it shows hits even if your crosshair wasn't on the enemy. Blah.

Batman, Battlestations, Just Cause 1/2, Gyromancer, Front Mission Evolved, Order of War, those all look pretty good to me.. Gonna wait and see if the ones I'm most interested in go on sale individually for less, namely Gyromancer and FME.

So quick question, just bought the F.E.A.R. complete pack (9.99), if I am building a new rig after Xmas, should i wait to DL it, or can i DL it as many times as I want? I just dont wanna have issue transfering it to the new rig, id rather wait a month ot play it if it will save me a ton of hassle, i can still play SC2....

So quick question, just bought the F.E.A.R. complete pack (9.99), if I am building a new rig after Xmas, should i wait to DL it, or can i DL it as many times as I want? I just dont wanna have issue transfering it to the new rig, id rather wait a month ot play it if it will save me a ton of hassle, i can still play SC2....

you can download it any time with no hassle. you can keep it installed on multiple computers afaik too but you need to be logged into steam to play it meaning only one system could play at a time.

And my saved games are kept at steam or on MY comp? Will I need to save and move over save files? Thanks guys

Witcher worth $5?

edit: Oh, and Bioshock 2 for $10? I liked the first one.. Same thing?

Last edited:
Does anyone still play FFXI? I was going to get back into the MMORPG action with FFXIV, but apparently Square-Enix totally blew it according to most (?) reviews and players. You guys think I should throw in the 5 bucks? :confused:

Back