• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam holiday sale 2010 - starting 12-20

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
The full list of discounts at any time is http://www.steamgamesales.com/, and has RSS :)

Hooray, ran into my first glitch of the sale. Got the Unreal Deal, installed UT2K4, go an "invalid CD Key" error even though I haven't even gotten a chance to enter one yet. Nothing on the Steam forums about it. Using steams "check file integrity" function showed 1 file as corrupt, didn't help. Guess I'll try re-downloading it.

Edit: never mind. Screwed around and apparently I needed to run Steam as an administrator to let UT2K4 add the CD key to the registry.

By any chance did you click "no" when it asked to run the Steam system service?

OP
ratbuddy

ratbuddy

Not doing toooo bad, so far got Fallout 3 GOTY, The Witcher, and Mass Effect 2. Total $35.

What I wanna know is where are all the 90% off games like last year? Did they run those towards the end or something?

lordkosc

Shank and Monday Night Combat has been a ton off fun, I have a few hours left to decide if I want to get Alpha Protocol or not...

lordkosc

Dont do it, terrible game, really terrible. Sure its 7.50 but game was really bad.

I passed, I have too much back log , and if I do find free time it will probably be $5 by then...

Also , RAINLESS what did u do!?!??!!?! :shock:

Rainless now owns SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics, Comix Zone, Crack Down, Ecco the Dolphin, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Shinobi 3, Space Harrier II, Vectorman, Altered Beast, Shadow Dancer, Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal, Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay , Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 3 - Lair of the Leviathan , Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood , Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God, Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis, Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Mummy, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened - Remastered, Sherlock Holmes: The Secret of the Silver Earring, Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of The Persian Carpet, Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Blood Money, Battlestations: Midway, Just Cause, Hitman: Codename 47, Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Tomb Raider: Legend, Project: Snowblind, Rogue Trooper, Infernal, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, Conflict: Denied Ops, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Shellshock 2: Blood Trails, Battlestations: Pacific, Just Cause 2, Yosumin!, The Last Remnant, Gyromancer, FINAL FANTASY XI, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, Kane and Lynch 2: The Doggie Bag DLC, Kane and Lynch 2: Alliance Weapon Pack DLC, Kane and Lynch 2: Multiplayer Masks Pack DLC, Kane and Lynch 2: Radio Tower DLC, Order of War, Order of War - Heavy Bomber squadrons DLC, Order of War - Infantry Mortar Launchers DLC, Order of War - Off-Map Heavy Artillery DLC, Order of War - Survival mission DLC, Mini Ninjas, Flora's Fruit Farm, Just Cause 2: Bull's Eye Rifle DLC, Just Cause 2: Rico's Signature Gun DLC, Just Cause 2: Chevalier Classic DLC, Just Cause 2: Agency Hovercraft DLC, Just Cause 2: Monster Truck DLC, Just Cause 2: Black Market Aerial Pack DLC, Just Cause 2: Black Market Boom Pack DLC, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, LCGOL ChallengePack2, Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition, Season of Mystery : The Cherry Blossom Murders, Supreme Commander 2, Supreme Commander 2 - Infinite War Battle Pack One, Front Mission Evolved, Front Mission Evolved - Map Pack 1, Front Mission Evolved - Last Stand Mode, Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer Pack 2, Front Mission Evolved - Weapon Pack 1, Front Mission Evolved - Weapon Pack 2, Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer Pack 3.

ScottinIndy

I had previously got the Left4dead deal at $4.99, I added Stalker COP and Fallout GOTY. I think I had better quit now or I will have to go buy the wife another diamond pendant.

By any chance did you click "no" when it asked to run the Steam system service?

Do you mean the UAC popup when launching UT2K4? No, at least I don't think I did. And this is the first time I've seen something like it, so I don't think I disabled any steam related service.

OP
ratbuddy

ratbuddy

Mmm, King Arthur Pack, Overlord Complete, Claptrap DLC, total $13.38.

OP
ratbuddy

ratbuddy

I picked up Tropico 3 and X3 Gold package for $13.

I grabbed X3 Gold for $8.50 or so myself. Almost got suckered into the "complete" package with X1/2 which I wouldn't have played for $13.50 or something.

CharlieCS

A lot of deals are back for a second chance,including Bad company 2 for those who missed out the first time around. :)