• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steams Version Of UT2k4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

Does anyone own this version? Im wanting to pick up another copy and I am worried this version will have issues with loading mods and installing umods, does anyone own it and wish to share there thoughts?

evomac

ut2k4 is ut2k4 not different add mods in as you would normall.y

That's not always true. Sometimes things don't work all that well with Steam. For example I have Call of Duty 4 Steam Edition. If I don't shut off the Steam buddy system it won't let me join any MP games due to a Punkbuster error. Also adding additional patches, I'm pretty certain you have to get it through Steam in order for it to work properly. It's not always up to date. This very well could be a workflow problem from the 3rd party to Valve.

Mr.Guvernment

i got it, not installed yet, but for the most part i dont know how it varies.. mods should work, all steam does really is creates a link to short cuts, updates and crap, the basic game install "should" be okay but i cant say for sure.