• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SteamVR Performance Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaveB

The SteamVR Performance Test has been released and is not running well on older AMD GCN 1.0 GPUs and older nVidia Kepler GPUs.

I ran the test and scored the following on my i7 5820K @ 4.3 GHz rig with an MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G @ stock settings. If anyone else wants to run it, have at it! :comp:

24eqsd4.jpg

Mpegger

Seems to run fine on my system (115+ FPS) but appears to be only single threaded for the cpu. However, I never get a result screen after it finishes playing through the test. It just closes out.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
This is on Little Power, mostly stayed between 135-160 FPS, but saw up to ~185 ish I think.
2016-02-28 18_38_22-SteamVR Performance Test Results.jpg

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
Does not seem to be a CPU intense test. Even with my AMD cores running at 4.4Ghz right now no frames were CPU bound.

steamvr.jpg

Joe88

what does everyone own 980ti's on this site? :p

also interesting gtx 970, only gets a capable and not be able to run some vr games, especially after all the companies said a 970 was recommended for vr

TUlhekX.png

OC-NightHawk

what does everyone own 980ti's on this site? :p

also interesting gtx 970, only gets a capable and not be able to run some vr games, especially after all the companies said a 970 was recommended for vr

TUlhekX.png

My score is only .6 higher. I was expecting something around 7 or 8. I checked and this test wasn't making use of SLI at all. :-/

SteamVRResults.PNG

SteamVRResultsNoSLI.png

I thought the VR was supposed to use one graphics card per eye but I didn't see this happening in the test. I'm curious to see what it can do when it is using both graphics cards and not just the one.

Soulcatcher668

This looks like a very simple graphics test.

I believe that valVe is using it as both a Hype machine and a way to temper expectations.

It says right in the test that it does not take CPU loads into consideration. This test should be adding a synthetic load to replicate that.

You may as well be comparing 3D Vantage scores. I see it being about as useful as the 'Windows Experience' numbers.

OC-NightHawk

This looks like a very simple graphics test.

I believe that valVe is using it as both a Hype machine and a way to temper expectations.

It says right in the test that it does not take CPU loads into consideration. This test should be adding a synthetic load to replicate that.

You may as well be comparing 3D Vantage scores. I see it being about as useful as the 'Windows Experience' numbers.

You're probably very correct. However I fear my GTX 970 cards are not long for this machine if I have to dial down settings. I don't dial down settings :D

Of course then again it does also say that I had 0 frames below 90 FPS. What a mind game.

Joe88

overclocked, basically boasted it to a 390x stock score

PpnUAI1.png

Last edited: