• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steel Series Sensei Mouse- DO NOT BUY IT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

Here's my issue with Steel Series. Issue #1 has been chronic for a year. I was hoping a new engine would fix the problem, it hasn't.

Have other people seen either of these 2 issues w/this company's POOR products?

1. The SS Engine doesn't start up on start up, and all SS support tells you to do is install the latest driver/engine for the mouse?

2. The mouse doesn't power down (lights remain on) and doesn't power up (lights off on startup) when computer is shutdown or turned on?

My trust Logitech MX500 still works perfectly, and doesn't acquire finger oils at all, unlike the surface of the Sensei =(

Here's my report ticket I sent them.

A few days ago I had the SAME problem that has been going on for about a YEAR w/this mouse/software. I've had more problems w/this mouse and its software than 3 computers combined since 2000. I have a NEW problem now, I'm really fed up. A few days ago I ONCE again needed to install the steel series engine (see my previous tickets for the reason), did so EXACTLY as instructions provided. It worked fine for a few a days. NOW, as of last night I turned off my computer using Win7 shutdown, the only way I have turned off this computer, and the lights of the mouse remained on. I had to turn on my computer to have the mouse turn them off. This morning on Sunday, I turned on the computer and the mouse lights were not on, and there was no cursor movement. I simply replugged in the cable and the mouse started functioning.

WHAT'S GOING ON GUYS w/this New Problem??? I'm pretty much ready for a new mouse that you guys promised me at this point. Unless you know what causes this new problem. I have not installed any new software in the past few months either.
Thanks!

Back