• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Step by Step Instructions for Optimizing the SETI BOINC Client for Windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eaglescouter said:
Are you certain you selected the app that was compatible with your CPU?

2 things:
1. The Intel Only will not run on an AMD rig
2. Running a client with instruction sets your cpu cannot process will not work.

My guess is you grabbed an Intel Only and put it on your AMD box?
Close, I got the SSE2 generic instead of the SSE1 app. I forgot the XPs don't have SSE2.

Thanks for the help :)

I've gotta' ask, is there really a big difference in the various BOINC versions? I'm currently running 5.4.9 yet 5.4.11 is the most recent.

I am using the most recent optimizer, SaH_5.15 ...

anyone have any idea when theyre gonna make one of these for linux? just installed ubuntu since winders took a dump and Im getting estimated completion times over 10 1/2 hours.

kinda off topic, but not really. how i installed boinc on my gfs laptop "t5450", but she said she doesn't want it in the taskbar, i installed it as a service so....it shouldn't be there right ? though it is.

I don't think you can get it off the task bar. But you can hide it on the task bar and she'll have that little double-arrow button showing something else is there.

I managed to get the BOINC clients to run in Linux with no icons anywhere but the manager didn't seem to be running. It knew to switch to another work unit when it completed one but when the computer ran out of work units it couldn't download any new ones and just stopped crunching. Now I keep the manager running and minimized ... :-/

5g. Browse to C:\Program Files\BOINC\projects\setiathome.berkeley.edu"

this directory doesnt exist under Vixsta 64.. i looked under

EDIT

Other thread: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=572099

5f. Highlight the 3 files and Copy them using a right click, copy

i had 4 files in the zip file for files to install

AK_v8_win_x64_SSSE3x.exe
AK_v8_win_x64_SSSE3x.manifest
AK_v8_win_x64_SSSE3x.pdb
app_info.xml

Last edited:
Back