• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stereo Fix..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

Well its hardware, and this is the only Forum im signed up so i will give it a shot here as its all just electronics.
So my best friends girlfriend had a cotume party at her place for halloween and i brought my stereo for downstairs music (as there is already music upstairs via 5.1). the thing goes to 35 volume, but that was to loud so we kept it at like 27-30 from about 9pm to 12am and then it shut off and thats where im left.

JVC MXGC5, using stock speakers attached to an ipod via AUX.
i brought it back home let it sit for 2 days and tryed to turn it on, it works. well sorta it turns on and i can click anything the lights will notify me it understands what i want to do then it just shuts off after about 2 seconds, wait 2 seconds then the standby light comes on and i can do it all over again. I took it apart, its clean and i know the fan was working so i dont think it over heated, and the inline fuse is fine. So what the heck could it be.
Did the Amp somehow fry, i mean im trying this all without speakres cuz even if the amp did fry it should still turn on and act like it thinks its playing right...

anyone have any sugestions googled for a while but im drained, any help would be great.

Theocnoob

General (computer) hardware.

If it isn't a

CPU
GPU
Motherboard
Power Supply
Ram
Case
Cabling for computers
Monitor

how are we going to know? Most people here don't even use a soundcard. You want an audio forum.

We jist don't git that thur steryo stuff here.

OP
syberspy9

syberspy9

There are alot of smart people on this forum, that know alot more then just computers.
And seeing as i dont wana double post, i shall leave it open.