• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock/Chill Factor/ICD7 benchmark results =]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich'[ard]

hey guys, i just did a benchmark for another forum on Overclockerstech.com and wrote up my ICD7 results to receive my free tube if ICD7

i just spent about an hour writing it up, so i thought why not post it here as well :)

it was just a simple write up and hope you enjoy.

Setup:
CPU Core 2 Duo E6400 3.2ghz (1.36v)
Cooler Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
Cooling Antec 120mm Tricool 39CFM
Ambient ~24C
Program CoreTemp 0.99.5

Stock
Idle: 35c
Load: 55c

Chill Factor
Idle: 30c
Load: 51c

ICD7( immediate application)
Idle: 28C
Load: 50C

ICD7 (after 24 hour prime)
Idle: 27C
Load: 48C

CPU.jpg

GPU ATi 4850 650core/950mem
Cooler Thermalright HR 03
Cooling running passive
Ambient ~24C
Program Furmark - Stability Test 640x480

Stock
Idle: 58C
Load: 98C

Chill Factor
Idle: 56C
Load 95C

ICD7 (immediate)
Idle: 55C
Load: 90C

ICD7 (after 24 hr furmark)
Idle: 55C
Load: 89C

GPU.jpg

i realised the biggest temp difference was from stock paste and the Chill Factor paste included with my Thermalright heatsinks. the ICD7 further improved temperatures, esepcially load temps. the different between ICD7 and Chill Factor wasn't as great as stock to Chill Factor, but nonetheless, it's still better :thup:

if anybody else is interesetd in the ICD7 giveaway give me a PM and i'll get you going :thup:

Last edited:

CualvezAsteria

I think most people around here would consider 6C a big difference on load!

Another nice result for ICD7. I really like that paste and have bought 3 tubes, but the only thing I don't like is that it kind of rubs off some of the metal of the IHS. So if you had a CPU you wanted to resell, you'd have to do so without some markings or no markings on the IHS, which is :(

I think I'm going to switch to MX-3 for a paste, and then Indigo Xtreme when I have my setup finalized. (Going to build a new 1366 i7 system :))

OP
Rich'[ard]

Rich'[ard]

yeah the stock Intel paste and paste on my 4850 didn't peprform all that well by the looks of it.
oops, my graphs are the wrong way around o_O