• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock Cooling Overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pixel

ok well im a lazy guy and poor too so heres the deal....

I have an Asus P4C800 with a P4 2.6C, i want to do any kind of overclocking with the stock kooler. I don't want to buy any extra things. Just wanta do maybe some BIOS tweaking to get more out of my machine. If you have any question just ask thanks for the help!.

Toscani

What exactly are you asking? Do you want to know how fast you can go with the stock HSF? The best way to find that out is to try it, not all CPUs are the same.

jdmcnudgent

just keep the stock voltage setting in the bios, and keep kranking up the fsb's till its not stable at default voltage. with default voltage, the stock HSF should be fine. max was running his SL6RZ chip at 195fsb with stock HSF.;)

OP
Pixel

Pixel

I was asking what all i can do to get the most out of my system without buying anymore stuff. IM POOR! haha so anyways ill try uping my FSB. is there anything else? like ram upping or anything?

micamica1217

Flame said:

wow. what were his temps? thats amazing it even made it that far.

the point is, if you don't increase your voltage...your temps won't go up by much at all.

btw, welcome to the forums.

mica

Maxvla

Flame said:

wow. what were his temps? thats amazing it even made it that far.
load temperature was around 60 celsius. i didn't leave it there for long. thats not safe.

batboy

Senior Moment
If you're overclocking with the stock retail cooler, then you'll need better case ventilation (80mm fans are cheap and easy to install).

asw7576

even cheaper:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121331&highlight=asw7576

18.JPG

OP
Pixel

Pixel

wow thanks guys u all are great haha yea i know my bday happend so i got some good stuff! i still have to pay my aunt 300$ though -_- but i got a free aiw! hehe! ill try uping the fsb and stuff. what about my ram? anything i could do with that? i dont want up any volts kuz that makes it hotter so ive learned ;). well thanks for the help guys and thanks for the welcome!