• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock D5 pump compression fittings / angled barb fittings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d3n1s_47

Registered
Hey guys

I'm new to the forum and to water cooling (although i've been building custom PCs for 10 years now) and i am in the process of planning how i will arrange my build. I have a caselabs M8 case with the pedestal underneath, Alphacool 420mm monsta rad, stock D5 pump with standard fittings (not threaded), EK supremacy waterblock and bitspower tube rad. I want to mount my pump and rad in the pedestal and i'm having a hard time figuring out how to plumb everything with no threaded fittings on the pump. I want to velcro mount the rad and pump to the bottom of the pedestal and for that the pump needs to be right side up. I cannot possibly see how i will be able to fit tubing on the pump inlet (which would be pointing to the side) when the water from the res will be coming from the top. Similarly, i want the outlet (facing up) connected directly to the rad that will be basically right next to the pump. I cannot see how i can possibly achieve this with the type of inlet/outlet that is on the pump, hooking up the tubing directly to them would likely result in an impossible bend. I will be using compression fittings (1/2 ID 3/4 OD) all across my build (already figured out where i need 90 degree fittings and where i can use straight ones) and i kinda regret buying the stock D5 pump knowing all too well there are pre-modded ones out there with G1/4 threaded fittings. So basically my questions are :

1. Is there such thing as a non compression angled fitting? Something that would allow a 90 degree angle to enter and exit my stock D5.
2. Even better still would be is there a way to somehow thread the inlet and outlet on the pump to allow me to use compression fittings like i will be using in the rest of my build.
3. Anthing else you can think of to make this work please be my guest!

Bare in mind i live in Canada and i am strictly using the Dazmode website (based in Ontario) for all my watercooling gear to avoid the OUTRAGEOUS shipping fees i would have to pay with frozenCPU and performance PCs and such. BTW they are amazing and i highly recommend their website if you're in Canada.

P.S. In case you're wondering, yes the caselabs case cost a freaking fortune to ship from California to Quebec!

Thanks for your help

Martin

Thank you very much! I ended up choosing the Darkside replacement top with G1/4, only 15 bucks what a steal!

Thanks bud.

Glad it all worked out. Hope to see your rig once completed. :D

:welcome: to OCFs btw.

I will certainly post some glamour pics! You can see my specs below. Nothing particularly insane but definitely the most amazing PC i've ever built.

That's a monster case! Gonna look good when done.

Have you considered the MCP 50x pump? Much better head pressure and PWM adjustable, plenty enough for your loop.. It'll cost more but in the long run, your not building a cheap PC.

edit: wrong post, sorry.

Last edited:
Back