• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock HSF on a P4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
rbbnet said:
rlemieux,

The response Mr. Brown sent me was similar but a lil more intersting than his response to your email.

"Thank you for your email. Where did you read about this info? I'm curious,
because nothing has been finalized yet. Can you refer me to the website or
magazine?
If you don't mind me asking....what line of work are you in? Is this for
personal or business use?
I look forward to receiving your response.
Best Regards
Jeff Brown
Sales Manager North America"

His response of "nothing has been finalized yet," leads one to think the talk may be true. A search on Google came back with an exact hit on "AVC sunflower to be boxed with intel." It found it on overclockers.com, but the link was dead. A few minutes later the search would'nt even find the link again. Possibly removed after trouble brewed? Mr. Brown was really nice and responded to my email in 1 hour and 15 minutes......practically unheard of in the world of tech support. I only wished I could produce a link for him. So far the best I could do is answer his question regarding my personals.

Heres PROOF , This review dated March 08, 2002 clearly shows an INTEL AVC SUNFLOWER, MR. Brown isn't being honest

;)

07.jpg

IT SAYS INTEL ON DA SUNFLOWER MR. BROWN.....

PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME UNCOVER THE TRUTH NEXT TIME MR.BROWN....... I ALWAYS UNCOVER THE TRUTH :temper:

Silversinksam
Mr. Brown never denied that the SunFlower wasn't going to be part of Intel's boxed set. He simply stated it wasn't a done deal or "finalized" yet. Although he never really stated it was going to happen either. I'd assume a business deal with Intel would be sketchy and slow going as most big companies take 3 forevers to get their act together. The only thing we can do is sit back and hope things do move to the AVC SunFLower. BTW, good detective work Silversinksam. I spent close to 12 hours hunting the "TEXT" that made the claim. I usually ignored the pics.

Hey all,

Lots of great information here. I went on vacation shortly after initiating this thread or I would have chimed in sooner. Just for the record, I read this Sunflowers-on-P4's thing on another post here in the forums under the Abit Intel Boards forum. The thread is entitled "th7II-Raid problems" and the post is the last one of the thread, by forum member Cooler666, dated 3/6. There he says:

Cooler666 said:
lol, and look what i just read in the front page:

Intel To Start Using AVC Sunflower Heatsink In Its Boxed

damnit they responded fast to my complain

I hope this helps. If someone wants to email this guy, he might be able to give you more information. I've already bought an Alpha for my P4, so I'm off in a new direction. Thanks for the responses. These forums are great because its members are.

Peace,
Eggroll :beer:

rbbnet said:
Silversinksam
Mr. Brown never denied that the SunFlower wasn't going to be part of Intel's boxed set. He simply stated it wasn't a done deal or "finalized" yet. Although he never really stated it was going to happen either. I'd assume a business deal with Intel would be sketchy and slow going as most big companies take 3 forevers to get their act together. The only thing we can do is sit back and hope things do move to the AVC SunFLower. BTW, good detective work Silversinksam. I spent close to 12 hours hunting the "TEXT" that made the claim. I usually ignored the pics.

Appreciate your kind words, but as I see it Mr. Brown wanted to plug the leak.....as he asked,"""Thank you for your email. Where did you read about this info? I'm curious,
because nothing has been finalized yet. Can you refer me to the website or magazine? "

Im just showing you things were finalized on or before March 8th as that review clearly showed an Intel Sunflower....If the deal wasnt finalized Intel would have not been able to put thier logo on that heatsink.

;)

Back