• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

strange behavior

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
I have a wierd problem. I am working on a older computer right now and using a gateway monitor with it. The computer boots through the boot sequence in which all of that information is displayed on the monitor. The windows xp splash screen comes up, and once that goes away, the computer continues to load windows, however, at this point, the monitor stops displaying anything. If I reboot, same thing happens, I get stuff on the monitor up until windows is loading and nothing more will display. Any ideas?

Windows may be corrupted. Have you tried safe mode or last known working configuration? (FYI-Hit F8 after post and these choces will appear0

Thanks guys. I did as you said and booted to safe mode, and it worked. So I went back and selected VGA mode and all is well. I guess it just couldn't handle the previous settings.

Back