• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange TUSL2-C behaviour at 133MHz FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crose

Registered
Weird stuff is going on with my system ( TUSL2-C w/ 1011 BIOS + Celeron 1.0A ). I can't set it to 133MHz FSB without it beeping and booting into BIOS saying that the boot failed. But any other FSB speed is OK! At first I thought it was the CPU which couldn't handle the speed but after I set the FSB to 132MHz and it worked great I tried with 150MHz FSB. Result: a very nice and stable 50% OC!

I haven't tried higher FSBs since I'm using generic PC133 Cas3 mem (Hynix chips). What do you guys think? Note: I'm very content with my 150MHz FSB speed but just wondering why it can't handle 133MHz FSB.

hmmmm....is the RAM timing correct? at 150 FSB is your RAM clock set to 133 or 100?

133FSB is actually 134 (a weird quirk of the TUSL-2C)

Didn't touch the RAM timing. My RAM clock is set to same speed as FSB.

you've got me on that one but at least you hit 150 FSB Have you ran prime95 torture test yet to verify that you are 100% stable

Yes, ran Prime95 for 24h. No problems. This may be my best OC yet. I want to try higher clocks as soon as I get a bigger HSF. Do you think a Thermalright AX7 will fit on the TUSL2-C?

what is your load temp right now? A new cooler may not make much difference. I think the AX7 will probably fit on the TUSL-2C but i would get the measurements just to make sure

also how many volts are you pumping into the chip

Questions

Sorry for intruding, this is also regarding the same motherboard, tusl2-c, I saw in the CPu database that the best overclocks for a p3 was on this mobo.

How in the world do you configure a Vcore change in the BIOS for a Tualatin Core? The manual specifically mentioned that P3 Tualatin Vcore cannot be changed.

I just had this board for a day, I was wondering if you could give me tips on this, ty for your time.

W/ BIOS version 1009, the Vcore on Tualatins is not adjustable but it is on new BIOS versions.

crose said:
Weird stuff is going on with my system ( TUSL2-C w/ 1011 BIOS + Celeron 1.0A ). I can't set it to 133MHz FSB without it beeping and booting into BIOS saying that the boot failed. But any other FSB speed is OK! At first I thought it was the CPU which couldn't handle the speed but after I set the FSB to 132MHz and it worked great I tried with 150MHz FSB. Result: a very nice and stable 50% OC!

I haven't tried higher FSBs since I'm using generic PC133 Cas3 mem (Hynix chips). What do you guys think? Note: I'm very content with my 150MHz FSB speed but just wondering why it can't handle 133MHz FSB.

how in the world did you get 150MHz???????

what is your vcore????

do you have pic shots of your overclock?

Back