• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stretched textures = too high mem speed right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

on my ti200 i am at 200 core and 430 mem (cant go higher, at 443, the next option, i get these stretched out textures sometimes i guess cause of the too high mem speed.. i have ram sinks and a fan blowin over the vid card i guess its just the limit then :(
can someone confirm that this happens to them too at too high mem speeds? then ill leave my card alone :)

max

edit:
o ya btw when can i tell my core reaches the limit? i get garbled textures?

LittlePiggie

for me (g4 mx420) when i reached the limit of core, i had these speckles in the lines of the scene. bumped it down 2mhx ans whalla, fixed.

OP
Lt. Max

Lt. Max

how much did u raise the core up? i mean can i have like the vid card die even if i dont mod to raise volts n such? cause im 25% over right now 175 to 220 and i dont see anything wrong yet.. kinda wondering if i should or should not go higher

LittlePiggie

i got my core to 298 stable, a 19% o/c (250 stock). probly do better if i had stupid active cooling, all i have is passive...

p.s. my mem was at 407, a 22% o/c (333 stock)

OP
Lt. Max

Lt. Max

ya i have active cooling on the core and ramsinks plus a 70mm fan i superglued to the end of the vid card splittin air over both sides of the card :)

quegyboe

I have oc'ed my GF4 MX440 from 270/400 to 320/480 and if I go much higher on the mem, I get ripping textures and flickering. As for the core going to high, I get artifacting, (white dots and such).

OP
Lt. Max

Lt. Max

hmm.. i guess my memory just is unlucky :( but core seems good :) is it possible to kill the vid card tho if i put it to the limit where it starts artifacting?

LittlePiggie

If you have good cooling, and it sounds like you do, then you shouldn't have a problem.

If I'm wrong please tell me! :D