• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STRIX 1080Ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cdawall

So I am trying the XOC Bios out before I bother with a waterblock for this card (wanted to make sure everything was working). I don't know if I am just missing something or I did something wrong.

Flashed the BIOS from here, downloaded the voltage tool and I am still getting a max voltage of 1.13v and judging by temps that is correct. I have tried +0mv, +10mv and +20mv using the tool and it doesn't change, I know on the 1080 XOC Bios it was hard set for 1.24v, but unless this cooler is gods gift to air cooling I don't feel like that is a thing.

The power limit and temp limit sliders are gone now that the BIOS flash is done so I assume that it went through, is it just not showing the measured 1.24v? and if that is a thing shouldn't I be seeing much higher temps?

6c4.png

1080ti.png

Sorry for the dumb questing still fumbling my way through these new cards...

OP
cdawall

cdawall

Not sure on this card, but msi said voltage was locked, period?

Not quite

You try the "Curve" methods?

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-1080-overclocking-guide-with-afterburner-4-3,2.html

http://thepcenthusiast.com/how-to-overclock-your-geforce-gtx-1070/

1070's / 1080's voltage are maxed @ 1.093v. You may be at the card's limit voltage wise because it's a Ti and no bios flash will change that. I wish I can get 1.15v sheeeeeeeet.

ti12v.png

BIOS flash changed it. Just need to get the card cold, also finally found a thread talking about it supposedly the command line voltage tweaker doesn't show up in gpuz/hwinfo since those only show the commanded voltage read in the vBIOS. So have to be careful with that. On an interesting note the card maxes around 370w I think that is a temp based thing however. Once the card is cold from what I understand it doesn't throttle like that anymore. I am back on the stock BIOS, the performance gain wasn't worth the fan noise on air. The curve method can be used to hit 1.2v on any of these cards using the STRIX XOC Bios, but until you get them cold they don't seem to scale performance wise. I assume it is boost 3.0 doing things in the background.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Yes..with a bios flash. Thought you meant control via the tool...i take it you still dont have control that way, through gpu tweak?

Does the ftw3 1080ti's kboost get around that problem where it disables it?

OP
cdawall

cdawall

Yes..with a bios flash. Thought you meant control via the tool...i take it you still dont have control that way, through gpu tweak?

Does the ftw3 1080ti's kboost get around that problem where it disables it?

There is an XOC tweaker that gives me control for vGPU, vRAM and vPLL.

On the FTW3, I do not know, but the nvidia BIOS locks it out so unless they release an XOC BIOS to the public it will be just as limited as the FE.

capture207.png

GPU tweak only gives me up to 1.2v, the XOC tweaker is good to 1.5v from what I have read...

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Yeah that card should have voltage read points they used to any way. I would suggest you dig out the DMM and check. SW very rarelt reports the actual voltage when you have modded things. The only one I know that does is PrecisionX and only with the KPE afik

OP
cdawall

cdawall

Yea it does, there are the adjustment points like they have had for a while as well as some big solder pots on the back of the gpu itself. I need to get the card cold and try out some more on it, but it seems to be a pretty average clocker. Although I have gotten it up to almost 400w in power draw, so much for power sipping nv lol