• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stuck at 169fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizman

Registered
Joined
Jun 15, 2002
hey guy's,
i just puchased the kx7-333 mobo because i wanted the soft menu three bios for better o\c. i used to have the ga-7vrxp mobo but i didn't like it to much. i'm a very inexperianced o.c but trying to learn, i have my kx7 up to 10.5-169frb with my 1800 agoga xp.
evertime i try to increase 170 or higher, my pc fails to boot. is there anyone who can help me break this barier? i have heard alot about bios tweaking and voltage increasments, but i am not sure how to set my bios for max results. here is a list of the settings i have know.

dram clock- 166
dram timing- manual
cas- 2
bank interleave- 4
precharge to active- 2
active to precharge- 5
active to cmp- 2
ddr\dqs inputt delay- auto
ddr\dqs outputt delay- auto
md strength high
dimm 1\2 strength high
dimm 3\4 strength high
dram performance enabled
dram access 2
dram gueue 2
dram command 1
dclk feedback 0ps

if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it
thanks, wiz.
 

Kunaak

Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2002
Location
Juneau Alaska
Relax some of the ram settings, lower your multiplier to maybe 7 and just push it as high as the FSB will go at a very low multiplier, then when you cant push the multiplier anymore, start pushing the multiplier with the max FSB you can get.

by the way, whats your Vcore set at?
Vdimm as well?
 

Jerky

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Location
Columbus, Ohio
wizman said:
hey guy's,
i just puchased the kx7-333 mobo because i wanted the soft menu three bios for better o\c. i used to have the ga-7vrxp mobo but i didn't like it to much. i'm a very inexperianced o.c but trying to learn, i have my kx7 up to 10.5-169frb with my 1800 agoga xp.
evertime i try to increase 170 or higher, my pc fails to boot. is there anyone who can help me break this barier? i have heard alot about bios tweaking and voltage increasments, but i am not sure how to set my bios for max results. here is a list of the settings i have know.

dram clock- 166
dram timing- manual
cas- 2
bank interleave- 4
precharge to active- 2
active to precharge- 5
active to cmp- 2
ddr\dqs inputt delay- auto
ddr\dqs outputt delay- auto
md strength high
dimm 1\2 strength high
dimm 3\4 strength high
dram performance enabled
dram access 2
dram gueue 2
dram command 1
dclk feedback 0ps

if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it
thanks, wiz.
turn your 166 down to 133 when oc'ing, relax your ram timmings. run the multiplier at 10 and.... um maby get a new processor, i hear the xp1600 agoia or aroia (y) are the best when unlocked.

and raise youre vcore a little to help keep it stable.
btw 169fsb seems pretty good for an xp1800 agoga, you might not be able to do much more with that core, but 169 is pretty dern good if ya' ax me.

heh
:beer:
 
OP
wizman

wizman

Registered
Joined
Jun 15, 2002
reply to kunaak

Kunaak said:
Relax some of the ram settings, lower your multiplier to maybe 7 and just push it as high as the FSB will go at a very low multiplier, then when you cant push the multiplier anymore, start pushing the multiplier with the max FSB you can get.

by the way, whats your Vcore set at?
Vdimm as well?

if i remember my v-core was 1.75 and my d-ram was 1.75. i am not sure how high i can take this before it's to high. how relaxed do you think i should go.
 
OP
wizman

wizman

Registered
Joined
Jun 15, 2002
Re: Re: stuck at 169fsb

Jerky said:
turn your 166 down to 133 when oc'ing, relax your ram timmings. run the multiplier at 10 and.... um maby get a new processor, i hear the xp1600 agoia or aroia (y) are the best when unlocked.

and raise youre vcore a little to help keep it stable.
btw 169fsb seems pretty good for an xp1800 agoga, you might not be able to do much more with that core, but 169 is pretty dern good if ya' ax me.

heh
:beer:

i did have my d-ram set to 133. i am not totally dumb. lol.