• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stuff keeps randomly closing its a fresh winxp WHY!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natopotato

ok this is realy bugging me ... i had to reinstall windows after alot of wierd problems [hardware] on my first reinstall after about 2 days i got this thing where iexplore would close as soon as a clicked 1 maby 2 links NO ERRORS juz closed

so i reinstalled... now 3 days later i finaly got most every thing setup and..

windows media player wont open [juz bizzy mouse then nothing]
iexplore is not saving my cookies [duno why my settings appear to be right]
trillian closes right after i open it [no errors]
cute ftp closes if i try to bowse my local drives [no probs till then]

i juz get these shutdowns no errors its realy bugging me plz help....

OP
natopotato

natopotato

it was suggested that i had a virus when my system was originaly corrupted for no appearent reason .... seemed like it was my mobo so i rma'd the board and this is the new 1....

another wierd thing was my parents pc went a lil error crazy crashing like crazy it was a perfectly stable win98... happened at the same time...

iv not done a virus scan for a very long time [ehh probly a year]

also iv not kept my firewall up at all times doh...

OP
natopotato

natopotato

EDIT%

ok here are the results

i have "W32.FunLove.4099 " on my pc is infecting a key*en i used and also cuteftp installer

then in the files i backed up from my parents pc fruking 45 files were infected with

W32.FunLove.4099
W32.Funlove.int
W95.Spaces.1445

now i know why there pc got all [email protected][email protected] up damn... what should i do now?

can i remove the virus on my pc... and iv sence reinstalling and formating my parents pc have returned those infected files onto my parents pc does that mean its reinfected?

also what about cuteftp it said the installer was infected but none of the program files were? im confused

ps they dont have removal tools for w95.spaces or funlove.int

what do i do?

Last edited:

DDR-PIII

Disabled
download a trial version of NAV install it then remove the viruses... its not that hard.

OP
natopotato

natopotato

both the 2k3 full version and trial versions encounter fatal errors... eeek this is not good ...

next choice?

OP
natopotato

natopotato

thx betty but

I GOT IT FIXED

ran nortans from my parents computer and scanned over the network now my cookies work my aim my trillian my cuteftp it all works thx guyz soo much i need to start scanning my dls

thx again