• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stupid bios update on kt7a.... need quick help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albigger

need some quick help if possible,

gotta flash the bios of my abit kt7a raid v1.1 mobo. downloaded the kt7_a9.bin bios and tried flashing with runme.bat and with awdflash, but it says

"The program file's part number does not match with your system!"

and it won't flash. I think this is because I flashed a wrong bios at some point earlier, but i'm not sure.

--there is no setting in bios to prevent the flashing of bios that i know of
--there is a thing called boot block but that gives a different error message i believe
-- i have tried the 3 most latest bioses, the 3rd most recent is the one i currently have ( i think).

can't find any info and "force flashing" the bios. does anyone know how? or have any more info on this problem? i couldn't find anything on google or paul's faq etc... about this.

thanks everyone

OP
A

Albigger

Ok here's more info - i currently have bios 65 which is only for board version 1.3, but i have board version 1.1. somehow i managed to flash to 65 instead of 64 bios.

now when I try to flash to 64 or 7n or a9 it gets the error message (in above post).

but it shouldn't matter really, because the newer bioses (a9 and 7n) are for all versions, right?

and i set everything in bios to defaults and default cpu speed to do this. still no go. any suggestions???

thefly

Are you sure that you have a 1.1 board? Check the sicker near the pci and isa slots to see what revision you are running.

I have a 1.1 non raid and never had problems flashing it.

Good luck.

OP
A

Albigger

NO, I AM SURE that i have a 1.1 board. the sticker says so.

and i remember NOT having the right bios the last time I flashed it, so i just flashed with the 1.3. can't remember how, but it let me.

but now i updated to the latest 1.3 bios, and my problems seem to have gone away for now. i will do more extensive testing later.

still would be nice if i could flash to the correct bios though...