• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sub Zero Insulation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
More detailed information needed after watching "How to prep your video card"

How many layers of Armaflex was use on the GPU Pot????? I have a TEK-9 Fat with 1 layer already applied.

In the video, he is prepping an HD-5870 for LN2 benching by using eraser all over the board. I have heard that you can use a fan over the VRM area???
I will be using Dice to bench an Asus R9 290x P-Matrix.

Last edited:
Why in the hell would you wanna freeze the inside of your box to subzero degree temps? That's just begging for condensation problems. Why not just wire a temp senor to your "water" cooling loop and hook it up to the relay on the compressor? This way you can program it to keep temps stable at 30°C and not have to worry about freezing the humidity in the air.

You freeze the CPU or GPU outside of the box like this.

image_id_1440915.jpeg

So you can do this. Welcome to OCF Jack Frost

jltys4.png

yea, me too, what an epic shot. I forgot who got it ?

Next one would have to be a LAN party, sold all my cold stuff :(

all of us.jpg

Last edited:
I'd sit in that garage all day and take your tags in BF4 while drinking some beers with this group!!!

ALl the benching parties have been a BLAST... from Johnnie's in TX, to the Hotel in Philly, to Torin's place, now to you... good frikin times... great people. :)

I'd sit in that garage all day and take your tags in BF4 while drinking some beers with this group and leave my monitor behind!!!

ALl the benching parties have been a BLAST... from Johnnie's in TX, to the Hotel in Philly, to Torin's place, now to you... good frikin times... great people. :)
addendum! haha

I'd sit in that garage all day and take your tags in BF4 while drinking some beers with this group!!!

Those were amazing :)

Yeah it was well worth the drive. Pretty sure my wife took that one Witchy

Back