• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Subpar Passmark 2d score

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

I ran Passmark on my system and everything was in the 98-99% except my 2d score. It was only at 70%. I would think a 1080 FTW would score better than that. My 3d score with the two was at 99%. What could cause the 2d score to be so low?

Suppressor1137

if your igp is active, it takes over 2d rendering if memory serves.

You can disable it in bios, which will also free up the ram it reserves as video memory.

OP
Daddyjaxx

Daddyjaxx

It is apparently a Windows 8 issue that also went to Windows 10

This is the detail from Microsoft.

"My team has investigated your report, and we’ve uncovered an issue that explains the regression. In particular, we found that one particular optimization from an older Direct2D geometry rendering code path had not been included in a newer code path. As users update to Windows 10, their graphics drivers are being updated as well. These newer graphics drivers typically use the newer code path, which, as mentioned, lacks that one particular optimization. So even though many scenarios see improved 2D rendering performance with the new drivers, a few scenarios are showing performance regressions, as your report pointed out.

With the cause of the problem in hand, our team is actively evaluating our options for closing this gap."

custom90gt

My 1060 gets terrible 2d scores, but if I throw an old Quadro 4000 in the same system it scores in the 98th percentile. If I had to guess it would be nVidia keeping 2d performance down so designers buy their Quadros...

Last edited:

ponyboyt

Registered
i was just curious reading about the 1080 since ive had one installed a few days now and read this post. Decided to give passmark a shot. Zotac gtx 1080 amp extreme, stock everything latest drivers. 2d test shows 98%. win10 64,