• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

success--- duct

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
sorry don't have any pics but i will with the finished product..

I wanted to get fresh air the my proc so i planned on building a plexiglass duct for it. Well tonight i made a "test" module out of cardboard and it worked and lowered my temps by 3c.. not a great increase but i will take it. So it is off the the store on monday to pic up some supplies:D

NeoMoses

Ahh, cardboard. the medium for the inquisitive mind. I did the exact same thing while trying to find the best placement for ducts/case fans. Good luck with the case cooling!

*JEREMY*

How did you set it up,do you have fans on the end?I used to run a duct with an sk6 and what I did was remove the fan from the heatsink and installed a 120mm fan on my case with a duct to the face of the heatsink so that it was exhausting the hot air.I also had another 120mm fan blowing cool air in and around the heatsink.I dropped my temps by about 8c with that method.

OP
NASsoccer

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
yes there is an 80mm on each end, one on the case and one on the swifty. the problem is that i could just put a blowhole over the proc because there is a handle in the way:( so i have it the duct coming from the back of the case to the HSF. I have the duct blowing down on the sink because i have plenty of air going out through other blowholes and plus my enermax helps a little.