• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions on a CPU fan???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That really depends on which cpu you have and what kind of money you want to spend. Post your system specs and its easier to figure out what your looking for.:D :beer:

Might also try www.plycon.com
It's a top rated vendor also. Here's a suggestion if anyone else wants to jump in also. Try the Thermalright AX-7 and a good 50CFM+ 80mm fan. I just bought the AX-7 from the Heatsink Factory and a Mechatronics 80mm, 53CFM, 39dBA fan from Plycon. I think it will be a good combo between cooling and noise. We'll see in a few days. Now to your question. Sunon, Delta, Sanyo Denki, YS Tech and Panaflo are all good fans. Just remember that anything around 45dBA+ is going to be LOUD. That's why I chose the Mechatronics. Good luck in your decision.

im going to be running a AMD 1600 XP @ 1.4 ghz, so what would be the best cpu fan for it?? i plan to overclock it alittle, but i heard there isnt that much u can do with the 1600 xp... thanks

which ever you get make sure it use the 6 socket tabs. the 4 motherboard holes are being done away with. this way it give you the ability to use the newer motherboard coming out if you so desire.

If you want the ultimate air-cooling solution, try the Thermalright AX-7 with a Delta 80cfm fan. I would only reccomend this to the deaf, however, because it sounds like the fires of hell are emerging from your computer to devour you.

-Dan

Gnufsh said:
If you want the ultimate air-cooling solution, try the Thermalright AX-7 with a Delta 80cfm fan. I would only reccomend this to the deaf, however, because it sounds like the fires of hell are emerging from your computer to devour you.

-Dan

Ditto that. Best heatsink currently, and bang of the buck. The bare heatsink is only 30.00, the fan are about 15.00. I would recommend you attaching it with the Delta80, or at least the Delta68. But if you really must and your not liking the sound, the Sunon Ultra High Speed 50cfm, would be the lowest I'd go.

Yodums

Yodums said:

Ditto that. Best heatsink currently, and bang of the buck. The bare heatsink is only 30.00, the fan are about 15.00. I would recommend you attaching it with the Delta80, or at least the Delta68. But if you really must and your not liking the sound, the Sunon Ultra High Speed 50cfm, would be the lowest I'd go.

Yodums
I would have to agree with kent. Mechatronics F8025X from plycon would a good choice over sunon. 53cfm@39db vs 50cfm@40db
http://www.plycon.com/fans80.htm

i just ordered a thermalright AX7 and i would be testing it if my vid card didn't die. I also have the 80cfm delta. :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: mab that thing is loud! hopefull i can get a digital doc before i go deaf!

Back