• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Summer heat!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BugFreak

The boss lady started grumbling about the power bill from the added a/c and PC draw so sadly I'm reducing my contribution to the team for a little while due to the heat here in FL. Hopefully it will only be for a couple weeks but we will see how things go. The machines will still be folding when they are on during the day but that will be minimal and the 3080 will be down most of the time. I'll be back!

illbe back.jpg

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
You take care of you and we'll see you on the cooler side of it all. Consider doing general maintenance on the machine(s). You know, clear dust, replace noisy fans, replace thermal paste, etc. We'll still be kickin' *** so when you return, we'll kick that much more. Is that a thing? Kicking ***? Well whatever it is, we'll keep doing it and will look forward to your return.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
Replace thermal paste? I have not replaced thermal paste on any of my 13 PC's, I do check them for any over heating but 99.99999999999% of the time it's fans going bad.
My Phenom II 1090T CPU and GA-880GA-UD3H MB PC I built in 2010 is still going strong, only thing I've had to change is CPU fans.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
You do you boo. ;)
I agree that it doesn't have to be done often. We are overclockers though and if done right, can't hurt.

ottoaxel

In the same boat, and generally I'm sure its much cooler here. My rule is, if the ac is running, the folding is off. We've had an unusually cool summer so far, so have been able to run it more than usual for this time of year. Normally I'd just plain be shut off about now.