• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sunbeam 4 channel fan controller question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Woohooo! Done! I also switched the led's around so the blue light up first, then on high the red kicks in.

22k ohm resistors really bring down the brightness. Now they're a soft blue, not that bright, epileptic blue :D They're as dim as the floppy bay fan controller.

Evrything matches up nicely :) I'll post a pic in the modding section.

Woohooo! Done! I also switched the led's around so the blue light up first, then on high the red kicks in.

22k ohm resistors really bring down the brightness. Now they're a soft blue, not that bright, epileptic blue :D They're as dim as the floppy bay fan controller.

Evrything matches up nicely :) I'll post a pic in the modding section.

Did mine today too, would have posted earlier but had to go pick up the boyz. I also used the 22k ohm resistors but used the 1/2w ones. VERY nice results and I supposed i'm glad yall talked me into going this route. :beer: One thing, it was very easy but I figured out, trying to put the bulbs back in that it was MUCH easier to just take the whole thing apart. Once the board was out of the case, the bulbs went in VERY easily. I was dreading having to try to get those corner bulbs in. Just those two screws on the board, the nuts around the knobs, and push the bulbs back, just out of the initial black bulb clip and the board came straight out. Took me about an hour to get the bulbs out and solder in the resistors, took me 10min to put it all back together.

Axis

That's exactly how I did it. I took mine completely apart, did the mods, and put it back together. Maybe a total of all but 30 minutes :).

I just took a couple of pics and will post them in the modding section right now.

There is always an option to cut the LEDs.
you need a torx screwdriver to take off the protective cover and then you just unscrew the 4 screws on the back, pull off the front knobs and you got the controller taken apart. then just get some wire cutters and cut the leds off.

I actually just did this mod a few day ago, using 22K Ohm resistors. Was pretty easy. The hardest part is fitting the LED legs back into the sockets. I think the brightness is just right using the 22K ohm. I was debating between 10K and 22K, as I read you can use either with good results.

Back