• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super gaming Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

topweb99

Registered
I:m starting to get togather the parts I need for a great gaming computer and feel I may need a little advice,or help This is what I'm looking at right now,If you see something that won't work or you know of something better for around the same price PLEASE let me know ok here it is:
Case not real sure yet
Motherboard:ABIT IT7 MAX Intel 845E
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4BGHz 512K 533MHz CPU Northwood
Videocard: MSI GeForce4 TI4400 128M DDR &TV out AGP -
soundcard:CREATIVE LABS SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY
Hard Drives:2 Seagate Barracuda IV 80GB 7200RPM
RAM: sticks of 256MB DDR PC2700
CD Rom: Lite On 48x12x48 Burner
DVD:LITE-ON 16x DVD ROM Drive
Floppy:standard
do you think this will be a good setup?
Thanks for looking, Rich

similar setup im putting together for my friend. Why not get 2 80gigs westerndigital 80gig SE 8meg cach and 512 ram... u won't regret the 512. It makes my games load pretty quicker.

i would get somting mroe like this personally:

Epox 8k5a3+ or ABIT Nforce 2
AMD XP 2400+ or 2800+
2 sticks 512MB corsair XMS 3200 v2.1
1 WD 120GB specia edition HDD (8mb buffer ata 133.. i think)
Lite on DVD-ROM (for crazy DvD cinimatics.. thought they dont have them... maybe a future PS2 emulator if they make one)
Lite on CD-RW (for burning "backups" of my games)
ATi Radeaon 9700 pro or the new GeForce
PCI ATi all in wonder.. so yuou can see if some one is trying ot tlk to you in AOl or MSN while playin games... 2 monitor setup)
some nice home made 5.1 seaker set and a nicely set up amp box ith individual amps for each 2 channels and and extra for the sub... maybe a Car amp =P)

ALL HEVILY OVERCLOCKED!!!

um.. i think thats it... s=looks like a newer ersion of mine eh?:D :eh?: :D

i suggest getting a 2.25, 2.53, or 2.66 p4. the 533 bus will benefit you, and i also agree that you should get 512mb ram.

most everything else looks good.

jeff

edit: nevermind about the processor, i'm dumb. for some reason i was thinking the 2.4 was 400mhz fsb. either way, he 2.4 isn't the best overclocker as a general rule.

I would switch to amd and use the $ you will save to get a radeon 9700 or the NV30 when it comes out. If gaming is your goal better vid card will help a lot more than slightly faster proc.

nealric said:
I would switch to amd and use the $ you will save to get a radeon 9700 or the NV30 when it comes out. If gaming is your goal better vid card will help a lot more than slightly faster proc.
Correct.
And switch to Westerd Digital Drives. They're the quietest 7200 RPM drive available.

Back