• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Seti Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
I might be wrong but I think somebody else here did the same thing, or maybe they were commenting on this setup. Anybody remember?

Yodums

It's very clean and organised, but he won't get the full performance with a PCChips board, and SDR when Xp should be powered with DDR.

I heard Cy has rackmounts and an airconditioned room which is sweet.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Yodums said:
It's very clean and organised, but he won't get the full performance with a PCChips board, and SDR when Xp should be powered with DDR.

I heard Cy has rackmounts and an airconditioned room which is sweet.
Yeah I'm kind of surprised they didn't spend maybe $20 more on the boards and get a nice DDR setup - but maybe absolute lowest cost was the determining factor.

Yodums

TC said:
Yeah I'm kind of surprised they didn't spend maybe $20 more on the boards and get a nice DDR setup - but maybe absolute lowest cost was the determining factor.

Although it maybe just a little more to chip in, it would be more worth it to do that then buy a SDR XP Setup. My cousin had a PCChips mobo, it's the worst brand possible. It would feel like 1/2 the mhz you had... His 950 was crunching in 10 hours. Then he got a new board and he was crunching in 6 1/2 hours.

It's not worth it to buy an XP chip and equip it with not top of the line.. don't get what you pay for because of a bad motherboard limitting your performance.

Yodums

lonewolf1983

yeah thats a pretty cool kinda setup
with DDR and decent mobo's it would really go
i actually installed an OS onto the exact kinda setup this weekend
m810 mobo and 1700+ with SDR
cranked out units in 4.5 hours a piece

thats the same as my T-bird 1.4 running 140fsb,DDR and kt266a
just goes to show how good the XP's really are

Cy

I posted a link to this the other day...pretty kewl to look at anyway!

I do have rackmount stuff and they are in an airconditioned room...lol, my appartment! ;)

EDIT: There is a pic of my stuffs on my SETI page lsited in my profile.

Cy

Last edited:

Yodums

lonewolf1983 said:
yeah thats a pretty cool kinda setup
with DDR and decent mobo's it would really go
i actually installed an OS onto the exact kinda setup this weekend
m810 mobo and 1700+ with SDR
cranked out units in 4.5 hours a piece

thats the same as my T-bird 1.4 running 140fsb,DDR and kt266a
just goes to show how good the XP's really are

The Morgan's are quite impressive as well man! They seem to be doing very well, mine are doing 4 hours.

Yodums

lonewolf1983 said:
geez
4 hours
man that FSB really does kick some ***
:D

im wanting to get an XP so i can o/c it
this Tbird runs way to hot and hardly o/c's at all

Yes it does. Its highly recommend for AMD users to unlock their processors (XP Users may hesitate as it's a long process, and a tough one), and then drop the multiplier to a low one, then up the FSB to whatever then adjust the multiplier to as high as it can go. Set your memory to agressive. That's about it... :D