• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[SUPER URGENT] Need heatsink for Quadcore (intel)...has to be less than 3.8inches

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quadcore86

[SUPER URGENT] Need heatsink for Quadcore (intel)...has to be less than 3.8inches

Urgent. I need the BEST heatsink you can buy for a Intel Q6600 that will fit in a SFF case...the case only has 3.5" inches of height clearing. The ninja scythe is 4" which will NOT fit.

I need a heatsink that also comes with a FAN unless it can go fanless (altogether, has to be less than 3.5"). Also, it needs to be available at microcenter.

If it has to be be at Microcenter, why don't you go there and check them out? Do they have a site?

Each one should be different (carrying different products), so it would be hard to tell you what is available without you checking it out first.

I have the B-Envi case which has 1x 120mm fan. I need a heatsink that will fit the CPU socket, problem is it only has less than 3.5" clearance in height.

The website for microcenter is http://microcenter.com/index.html

The zalman looks big..and noisy...I want silent, anything else?

Uhm, I think CNPS stands for Computer Noise Prevention System or something.. The Zalman coolers aren't loud at all..

Step back for a second.. You want a small, possibly fanless and silent heatsink for a quad core.. In a case with questionable airflow...... Right?

Uhm, I think CNPS stands for Computer Noise Prevention System or something.. The Zalman coolers aren't loud at all..

Step back for a second.. You want a small, possibly fanless and silent heatsink for a quad core.. In a case with questionable airflow...... Right?

Yep.
I have an old Zalman CU cooler for an AMD system but I lost the intel retention clips...it definetly fits inside the case perfectly.
Out of these heatsinks, which one is the best:
http://microcenter.com/search/search_results.phtml?keyword=zalman+cu&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

Back