• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Support those video cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have done multilayer PCB repairs for traces a few layers below the surface, and no matter how easy it may look in a video, the task is a PITA every time. Props for this guy keeping cool!

I've always tried to add some sort of support to my video cards. Especially when I started getting those 2 1/2 to 3 slot beasts. I cringed when I saw those heavy arse cards sag and I was scared as hell thinking either the card's PCB will break or rip the PCIE slot out or both.

I tried all kinds of ways : Fishing line, picture frame cable, I even stole lego parts from my son to create a support bracket. Dam I'm low stealing from my kid :rofl:

So when I swap cases, I had to find other ways to sag/weight supprt my video cards. I got these as well:

So I ran across this vid from jtc
This is what I'm currently using. I was using the MSI piston one, but can't now because I have a rad on the bottom of the case and there's no clearance. I also tried the "UpHere" bracket, but with the waterblock and fittings, there's no clearance for that either.

Back