• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Supported load of a dual core rad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

I am using my old v2000 case from an old build as I really like the case. In my previous build I was using a black ice extreme 2 rad and felt I did a pretty solid job of modding it into the case. I am not WCing right now due to some mistakes related to a misunderstanding but I would like to WC again.

My question is what kind of load can a BIX2 support with modern day hardware. Am I looking at processor only, or processor and video card? System specs are in my sig, although I may be upgrading to a 5870 or 5870 x2 later on this year.

Thanks,
Greyspectre

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
It could handle the CPU ok. Maybe the CPU and GPU, but temps would be far from ideal. Definitely not a 5870x2. I'd recommend CPU only for right now and upgrade to a 120.3 when adding the GPU.

OP
TheGreySpectre

TheGreySpectre

hmmm looks like I need to start looking at other case options then if I want to fit everything in 1 case.

Haggenator

Registered
Ya unfortunately with good water cooling you have to get pretty creative with normal cases. If you were serious I would suggest a case meant for water cooling. If not, usually the bigger the easier it will be to fit a couple of good rads.

OP
TheGreySpectre

TheGreySpectre

I could probalby fit another dual core in my current case, or at least put another signle core in, but I think when I switch I'll just pick up one of the mountain mods cases, I have been wanting one of those for a while anyways.