• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suprise,Suprise K7S5A Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bubba

Every time I boot I get a drive error message.It will say press F1 to continue and when I do everything is fine.This computer is for someone else otherwise I would just do the F1 deal everytime.It says A: Drive error.I have boted without my floppy even connected and I still get the same error message.HELP ME please.

JetMech

Bubba said:
Every time I boot I get a drive error message.It will say press F1 to continue and when I do everything is fine.This computer is for someone else otherwise I would just do the F1 deal everytime.It says A: Drive error.I have boted without my floppy even connected and I still get the same error message.HELP ME please.
Have you setup your bios yet. I got that message also along with a warning that memory reading was wrong. After setting up the bios it booted to the boot disk as advertised. Not saying this is your situation but that was my fix.

OP
B

Bubba

Yes,I set up the bios.Also my floppy works or worked I should check it again.

Tithulta

alway check simpliest things first
bios setup right...ok
are you SURE the floppy drive is correctly connected? the red stripe goes opposite of the red stripe on the Hdd/cdrom etc

if you ahve a spare floppy make sure the one your using now isn't defective

change the boot up procedure to C: first
(if no OS yet then I understand why trying A:)

Seems like you can make it boot from the WIN98 cdrom and install
it can be done, but i ended up ahve to reformat and install from A: anyhow...you may ahve better luck?

another way is to copy you WIN98 disk to your Hdd and install from it..again getting booted can be a problem though....

Good Luck

MikeBD35

Here's a longshot idea. I remembered that one time I disabled the onboard FDC under features in bios just to see what it did. I did it again and got an error much like yours. It said FDC failure press F1 to resume. Maybe there is something set up wrong in the bios.

OP
B

Bubba

Yes I have already used the WinMe cd to load the OS.I even used the floppy to fdisk and format.I've tried everything suggested already and still get the error.Thanks for the suggestions anyhow.

klosters64a

This is a month late, and five bucks short. Just ignore the "Press F1" message, and choose the ~"just keep on booting" option. You'll never see the "error" message again.