• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Surprisingly good temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

I recently built a mini itx cube system (see Sig) and was concerned about adequate cooling and ventilation, given the dimensional confines of the build. Originally I did not expect much temp room to be able to overclock my 7600k much if any but I am pleasantly surprised that I am able to get it to the same 4.8 ghz as I had with my full tower build which had a 360 radiator in it. This cube only has an entry level 120 AIO water cooler and I'm surprised how well it does. I did add a pull fan to it and delidded the CPU. Also used liquid metal under the lid and doing those things really helped, no doubt. I had to cut off one corner of the pull fan in order for it to clear the USB 3.0 front panel connector on the motherboard, so she's pretty tight.

I'm impressed with the motherboard too. It handles overclocking like a champ. Six phase power. It was a good choice. VRM temps are not excessive if I am correct in seeing that reflected in the CPUTIN and TMPIN3 readings.

Attachments

• Cube.PNG
    Cube.PNG
    79.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Yeah, I dunno about that 19,640 rpm reading. But if it's true, that's one well-designed fan to go that fast and be so quiet! And yes, I'm going deaf. At least my wife tells me that. Anyway, I think that's what she said. Makes all fans quiet.

I need the make and model of those fans, my ultra kaze 3000's tick off the little bee having three running under her sewing table.
the new smaller cases are doing quite well and the lower power draw of the later cpu's and gpu's goes a long way also.

Believe it or not, they are Rosewill fans. NewEgg's house brand. The push fan: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200068. Pull fan: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200072.

Adding a pull fan knocked off about 14c on the temps I think. With just the push fan I could hardly feel any air coming trough on the backside of the radiator 'cause I had the fan turning at barely 1000 rpm. There was also a case baffle between it and the radiator. I figured a pull fan would really help and I was right. Never had such dramatic results with a pull fan.

might work pulling on the rad, front mounted rad.
I chose the rad/intake fans poorly, 4 led fans@ 40 cfm, three on the rad and 1 on a fan port.
under moderate work loads i have to run the three ultra kaze 3000's at 2000 rpm and under heavy workloads i have to crank them right to 3000 rpm and at times remove a case side to keep the cards fed fresh air.

Back