• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

suspension for hacking :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
3 days for loading a game. Man I got three days for selling fireworks to the other kids back in my day. Talk about squishing the entrapenurial(sp) spirit of an up and coming. :)

Funny thing is at my school in our A+ class...im not taking it yet but a few of my friends are and there teacher lets them play Quake, Doom Duke3d and more over there network during class hehe.

What better way to stress test a network? ;)

When I was in Hight School, the computers were too pathetic to bother with games. people couldn't understand how I could type out my assignments without rebooting every ten minutes when Word or even wordpad would crash the machine. I cheated and used good old DOS EDIT to avoid the crash-o-rama that ever one of the othe virus infected computers took part in...

At college, it was UT all the way (I was in comp sci) The trick is to have the task bar set to autohide, and alt+tab out whenever someone comes along. Sure, you get fragged a few times, but you don't get caught. It took the lab technician 4 semesters to figure out that if he knew which ports on the switches lead to which computers, he would have a good idea who was gaming and who was working just by watching the pretty little lights.

ke ke ke

I was a very immoral ...or rather...amoral kid growing up through high school (still am, but bounds better)

Changed my grades my freshman year in 4 different classes (I did it very discreetly as well, only adding a few points here and there to existing scores so that each month yielded 2-5% gains)....over-rided all the backup grades (which were easy to find)....fun stuff

In tech ed i was getting insanely bored programming this robot to perform tasks like picking up film canisters.....or maybe it was typing.....i think the goal for the semester was 20 wpm....hahahahaha.....anyway....i started putting bios passwords on all the computers.....and i laughed my *** off when the system admin for the school didn't know how to work the bios jumpers :)

then...shortly thereafter he tried installing some security aps....and also web filters which were software based....and obviously i couldn't have that....i hate when you aren't able to school papers on how to perform....umm...nevermind....anyway after cracking that (which actually didn't show much intelligence whatsoever since the aps were so poorly designed, they didn't even write protect their own dlls folders!)

i think there was another time in tech ed where a bunch of people hadn't finished their umm....hypercard....umm....well something macin-tosh-ish...sorta like powerpoint presentations...so ...again with our admin's horrible security....(yay for admin/pw: admin logins :) ) i temporarily moved the files to a "secret" location so on the day that we were supposed to do the presentations those people's projects were missing....how odd! and they all finished it for the next session :)

anyway....before i put the files back i guess someone told my teacher about that....one of those faithly few that finished their project on time and still had to present that day for their files were miraculously non-missing ( i didn't really feel like i should put stress on those that actually worked hard.....ermm....i guess i did have SOME morals ...) and i got kicked out of the class

the ultimate torture was, however

they placed me with the system admin along with my lab partner (which hadn't really done anything wrong except slacking off and being my lab partner)....and we were forced to change out hardware for....*gasp* macs

after that we did some photoshop stuff...which was reasonably cool....and i did some easy *** javascript programming for our school website.....but the guy was a total idiot and i didn't really like working with him

he kept telling me i should "stop working against him and join the high school's webteam" ( i was in junior high at the time....) but...meh....even tho there were a lot of cool people that ended up doing it....that guy still drove me nuts....

anyway...i did get an A for that class tho

and many A's in classes where i did absolutely no work

so..umm.....

cheating and malicious behavior doesn't pay....

i guess i did end up dropping out of high school early anyway so those grades didn't matter much

now in college and my true education has finally begun ;)

ROFL, your friend got caught?

We have this **** bess thing (filter) @ our school, blech. I play it safe, I switch out the bess proxy for a non-filtered proxy and they never know!

My computer teachers are so dumb, I was able to access other peoples files on the network, and I had TO SHOW THEM how to do it. It's amazing too, they still havn't fixed it! (me=can access teachers files, but I wouln't do that =/)

One of the schools I worked at had a bbs system where students went to complain about whatever to each other becausethey thought someone cared.

The catch was that they hosted the messages on a network drive that was accessible by everyone. Though there were only a few ppl that knew where to look, somehow certain comments ended up getting edited or modified a bit and no one understood how. :D

Gandalf said:
STOOPID MOVE MAN!

All we do is play it off a CD! Just install the game, then burn the folder! It works perfectly! :D

Does that work for all games? Cause I remember getting errors doing that a couple of years ago that were unrealted to missing .dll's

Thanks

Tipycol

that playing it off the cd does not work at my school they have a specific list of .exe's which can be used on student based accounts and obviously quake2.exe isnt on it.

it wasnt just quake 2
it was ut and sin too. sin kicks *** btw never got the respect it deserved

it was soooo much fun playing tho every day for 3 weeks then i got caught.

when i was meetin w/ the dean of students he was like "the people at the technology department were very scared that there is someone at the school that knows more than they do" .... that made me feel so good :)

it is so stupid it is not like i did anything bad like changing the grades etc i just wanted to have fun. the thing is is that there is a sign in the lab that says you ARE allowed to play games but just during lunch and after school. so technically i didnt do anything wrong w/ playing the game just how i played the game...

you are right the only reason i am in trouble is cause noone else at this school knows sh** about computers so they think i am a master hacker....

geez guys, none of you have gotten the finals off of teachers' accounts? im surprised considering that i had a chance to and i know just about nothing about hacking. i didnt do it, but they were right there.

Back