• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

svchosts processor issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Magum

Running Windows XP Service Pack 1 SVCHOST goes haywire on my machine taking up 90+ % of CPU usage after the machine has been in normal use for a while. Rebooting fixes the issue, but after a few minutes of just sitting SVCHOST starts hogging CPU cycles. This is on a recently formatted machine (done so twice) with the only change being a new Giga-Byte GA-8IHXP. Nothing is running in the background that could cause this issue, I used msconfig to selectively remove anything from start in registry that could cause this. Is anyone aware of some WinXP driver for the Giga-Byte GA-8IHXP causing issues such as this? Any ideas would help. Thanks

System Config:
Giga-Byte GA-8IHXP
Gainward Golden Sample G4 TI4400
Audigy
Integrated Realtek Lan
Koolance watercooled
512 Samsung pc800 2x256
430watt Enermax
WD 80gig special edition
plex 24x
pioneer slot load dvd
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
Magum said:
Running Windows XP Service Pack 1 SVCHOST goes haywire on my machine taking up 90+ % of CPU usage after the machine has been in normal use for a while. Rebooting fixes the issue, but after a few minutes of just sitting SVCHOST starts hogging CPU cycles. This is on a recently formatted machine (done so twice) with the only change being a new Giga-Byte GA-8IHXP. Nothing is running in the background that could cause this issue, I used msconfig to selectively remove anything from start in registry that could cause this. Is anyone aware of some WinXP driver for the Giga-Byte GA-8IHXP causing issues such as this? Any ideas would help. Thanks

System Config:
Giga-Byte GA-8IHXP
Gainward Golden Sample G4 TI4400
Audigy
Integrated Realtek Lan
Koolance watercooled
512 Samsung pc800 2x256
430watt Enermax
WD 80gig special edition
plex 24x
pioneer slot load dvd
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1

do you have a scanner?

OP
M

Magum

Re: Re: svchosts processor issues

cw823 said:

do you have a scanner?

No scanner or camera, only devices I have are a Microsoft Natural Pro USB Keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer on built in USB ports, and an Archos Jukebox Recorder 20 USB 2 (but its not turned on during this) on the add on USB2 port for the motherboard.

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
Re: Re: Re: svchosts processor issues

Magum said:

No scanner or camera, only devices I have are a Microsoft Natural Pro USB Keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer on built in USB ports, and an Archos Jukebox Recorder 20 USB 2 (but its not turned on during this) on the add on USB2 port for the motherboard.

Look up the error on MS's site. it's a dll issue....