• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sweet. Comp. case will be xmas gift. Need suggestions for case! :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XZit

Sweet! So today while looking at power supplies at my local comp. store I was checking out cases as well.
The mission was to buy a case and a powersupply. My mom was with me and said to me while I was checking out the cases "you know why don't you hold out on the case till Xmas? It can be a gift"

So that was a BIG *** relif of me having to blow $150+ on a case (well the ones I was looking at...lol!)

So anyhow.
What do you guys suggest for a case? I have to make up a little "list" of differen't cases.
Probally the top budget for the case would be roughly $200 or so. So about $120 or $130ish-$160ish would be prefered.

So ya--what do you guys suggest?
Please supply a link/picture if at all possible--otherwise just state the manufacture, and the case title and I'll search for it on my own.

Also--please state why you like this case. Good cooling? Pleanty of room inside? e.t.c. e.t.c.?

btw--heres what I would like in the case I recive:
Good stock cooling
Room for expansion
A side window if possible (so I can cut a couple holes in the side and install a couple fans down the road/do mods)
and being a full tower case would be nice as well. :)

Thanks!!

pz

OP
X

XZit

Hardware wise?
Or cooling wise?

Hardware wise is Dfi LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D
Sapphire X800gto2 (to be unlocked, then overclocked)
venise amd 64 3200+ (to be overclocked)
and ram and powersupply.

Cooling wise At FIRST I'm gonna go the fan route. After the overclocking (which won't happen for a while) I plan on going water cooling.
So I guess a case with pleanty of expandability for a possible water cooling setup would be nice.

pz

clocker2

Easy then.
CM Stacker .
Unlike the Antec P-180 and the Lian-li V series cases, the interior of the Stacker is not subdivided into compartments...it's wide open and the possibilities are nearly endless without hacking up anything.

OP
X

XZit

Ya I want to go water cooling badly--elimanate noise, and save some $$ on da bills. lol

But for right now--I'm just gonna stick to fans till I really figure out what water cooling I'm gonna do, and save up some more $$

pz

mooreswhat

This is the way to go :D

http://www.xoxide.com/lianlipc75.html

Whats not to like?

If you dont want so big (but u do for water) then get the PC-65B, basically same just smaller. BTw i like clack cases, they both come silver too. Lian Li is a great company, the quality comes with the price tag.

Ad Rock

Go with the CM-Stacker. The fact that you can mount a PSU on the bottom of the case means you have lots of room to place a pump at the bottom of the case and you do not have to worry about it getting in the way of your GPU or any PCI cards you may have in there.

Plus there is enough room in the front of that case to run pretty much whatever radiator you want and still have enough room to add anything else you want.

The CM-Stacker is simply a beast.

Vaio

There is always the Chieftec style cases. I had one, and I loved it. There are co many styles of them out there now, there is almost certainly going to be at least one that will catch your eye.

shawkins

I just picked up a Cheiftec, $60 for an alluminum one! You cant go wrong for that price, and since its fairly cheap, your not afraid to mod it! I mean, withing the 10 mins I had pulled it out of the box, I was already stripping it down. Within the hour it was completely dissasembled.

OP
X

XZit

Aight just a little bump.

Well one more thing I forgot to mention.
The case has to be readily available (not some uncommon/weird case e.t.c.). i.e. be able to get @ bestbuy/compusa/circuit city e.t.c. e.t.c. cause my parents aren't gonna get it online.

Yaya-I know it costs more in the store (somtimes) however...its not my money! :) lol!

pz

monkeee2002

Registered
This one: (side window)
http://www.nzxt.com/NemesisElite.php
got a really good review at another forum site.
It's going for $120 plus s/h at newegg.

Personally, I just ordered this one: (no side window)
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811156161
the whole side window thing seemed pointless to me, where my PC sits I'll never see the sides, and I don't do lan parties. It's $80 + s/h right now at newegg.

Sorry, didn't see your "availability" requirements when I put this up.
If you're worried about paying over the net, newegg has a 1-800 number too.

Last edited:
OP
X

XZit

Well...them buying online is fine, but the wait delivery time is an issue as Xmas is fast approching.

So ya--a local store will have to be where its purchased.
I'm just trying to get an idea (suggestions from you guys) so I can check out what you guys suggested, then make a list with severel of my fav. cases on it.

pz

EDIT: A bit off topic--but do cases usually come with the nesscary hardware? i.e. mounting for the motherboard e.t.c.? Or is it safe to just screw the motherboard in? It needs spacers correct?

pz

shawkins

XZit said:
EDIT: A bit off topic--but do cases usually come with the nesscary hardware? i.e. mounting for the motherboard e.t.c.? Or is it safe to just screw the motherboard in? It needs spacers correct?

pz
Ya, they do.