• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech 240 x2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XRogerX

Can anyone tell me how is Swiftech Warranty works as my 240 x2 started leaking tonight after only having it for 1 month

lucky I caught it in time , well I didnt Windows 10 did lol , my O/S shut down on me and gave me a BSOD an error code of

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEDOUT ,I didn't know what it meant but I shut down my System and open IT UP , and there was

a puddle there DSCN1948.JPG DSCN1949.JPG DSCN1952.JPG DSCN1953.JPG

All you can do is ask.
I personally can't answer that one.

that's true lol , I just didn't know if you knew anyone that ever asked for one , since I have build this system
I had nothing but grief lol , I guess I'm getting AMD karma for switching to Intel lol

1 the Mobo now the W/C lol
but ty for answering my Question like always , honest and upfront no matter how it comes across lol

Wow I just called Swiftech and their going to charge me a 15% restocking fee on a leaking defective product
that I only had for a month ,that don't make sense ,and why are they going to restock a defective product

I know what you going to say , that there not going to restock a defective item , but I'm being change a restocking fee
lol

Ahh. I was hoping you could make some progress with a vendor. Sorry. It still sucks, though. Will they at least cover shipping both ways for an RMA?

edit: Changed for new information.

Last edited:
ya for me to , I was shock why would you charge people for a restocking fee for a defective product , makes me wonder if I got a defective product from the start if they restocked this item
or even a refurbished item at full price

I'm not saying that what they did , I'm just saying that's what I'm thinking now

Wonder if there going to make me pay for return Shipping

Did you think about asking for a replacement unit instead of a refund?
If you just went in saying "I want to send this back for a refund" then of course you're going to get hit with a restocking fee.

I shouldnt get hit with a restocking fee , why are they going to restock it , its defective

Post a message on their facebook and on their twitter if you don't end up getting anywhere with their email/phone customer service. Having a public post like that with pictures of it failed they should take care of you.

yes I did tell them it leaked all inside my Case and Cheyanne remembers me cause she had to call me and email me cause of the order , where the shipping and the billing address was diffrent
I did post pictures of it on FB / TWITTER , like I did here ,as you can see there was a lot of it that leaked out and look at all that air in that tube

I'm in Disbelief ,I heard a lot of good things about Swiftech but now , this has changed everything , I will be going bk to my

H110i lol

Your Rig is BLEEDING!

Sorry to read about this Roger. If I were in your shoes I would probably ask for a direct replacement since they want to charge you for a refund (which is a crock!). Once you get the new replacement just sell it as new. You still wont get full value but it could be more than 85% of original value and if not at least you'll have a working unit.

Best of Luck

I'm towards the end of doing a refresh build and was considering replacing my H100i with one of swiftechs and I'm glad I didnt. There were a ton of mixed reviews I read. I ended up slightly upsizing to the H115i.

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much n7. This is probably more of just an isolated incident. Every company's going to have some good and bad stories. While it sucks for Roger I'm willing to bet 99+% of their customers are very satisfied.

Back