• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech 80mm Rads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spinout113

Registered
Hey!
Swiftech highly recommends running 2 of thier 90mm radiators in parallel rather then in series. Do you think there is really that much difference in temps because parallel requires a lot more tubing mess :( Thanks

I've posted pics of my comp a thousand times. Here goes #1,001. Dual 80mm rads in parallel make a big difference in temps, a 5c-7c difference. Make sure thay have good air flow. As you can see in the second pic my comp is off the ground with enough space between the wall to suck air in from the back and push it out through the front.

Stay tuned for my water cooling super rig due to be unvailed in the next few weeks.

000_0102.jpg

000_0022.jpg

Liquid_Cooling_002.jpg

Does the swiftech kit include all the hardware to install the rads in parallel even though the kit only comes /w one rad and I bought one extra? Thanks!
Also, Are you using the standard size swiftech cooling? I do not want to use thier "quick connect" connectors and instead ordered metal clamps. Is the tubing the right size for that? Thanks!@

Spinout113 said:
Does the swiftech kit include all the hardware to install the rads in parallel even though the kit only comes /w one rad and I bought one extra? Thanks!
Also, Are you using the standard size swiftech cooling? I do not want to use thier "quick connect" connectors and instead ordered metal clamps. Is the tubing the right size for that? Thanks!@

The kit includes every thing needed for one rad, not two. You may have enough hose left over for the extra rad but you'll neet to get some extra clamps and some "Y" fittings. I use clamps on my rads not quick connect fittings. I use the quick connect fittings for all three water blocks. The quick connect fittings are very tight if installed properly. You don't have to worry about the hoses coming lose from them. Even if you pull on them the grip gets tighter. They won't come lose unless you properly take them out which is kind of hard to do as well. They are quick connect but not quick disconnect :) . The tubing for most of Swiftech's parts is 3/8"ID-1/2"OD. The 3/8"Id tubbing will slide over the normal radiator in/outletts and small metal clamps will hold them just fine.

BTW your second pic shows up friggin huge (like I could easily use it as my wallpaper huge :)) in firefox (looks ok in IE though) maybe you could resize it so that it always shows up the same size.

they are all the same size for me. I thought this forum automaticaly resized large pics to more managable size.

z0n3 said:
How do you take the tubes out of the quickconnects?

Swiftech provides a wrench like tool that applies reverse pressure to the quick connect fittings so that the tubs can be pulled out. The tubs, when installed properly, will not come out without the tool or something similar applying reverse pressure.

Back