• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech and Maze3 WBs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoT

You can't fire me, I have
Browsing around the forums, all I ever see when reading about waterblocks are Swiftech and Maze3 (and just today I heard about a block called White Water I believe), of these, which is really the best and cheapest?

(the Swiftech block I'm considering purchasing is here, and I've got to get 4 of whatever block I get)

The idea of spending $212 just on 4 waterblocks does not appeal to me in the least.

i say that with swiftech u get what u pay for... i payed 49 for my block and it is awesome! thats just my two cents

OSUmaxx said:
I'm using a Maze 3 and I'm really happy with the results so far.

I'd think the spir@l design is superior though... the maze looks a bit old-fashioned now hehe.

Nikhsub1 has tested these blocks. Here is the order in which I believe he would list the performance. Not sure if he had the Swift though.

White Water --------Top Block
TC-4 ----------5c above the White Water
Maze3 -------- 5c above the white Water
Spir@l ---------6-7c above the White Water

Last edited:
DodgeViper said:
Nikhsub1 has tested these blocks. Here is the order in which I believe he would list the performance. Not sure if he had the Swift though.

White Water --------Top Block
TC-4 ----------5c above the White Water
Maze3 -------- 5c above the white Water
Spir@l ---------6-7c above the White Water

Hm ok, interesting.

well,since I have to buy 4 of these suckers, which would be the cheapest? (some sort of price comparison would be really nice :))

I've seen all the stats on Cathar's Whitewater block(super dank!), but 've never seen a price for it(not to be nosy)? I've got a Swifty air block and I LOVE it, you really do pay for what you get.

Hope he doesn't mind me posting this (he's been fairly up front about this so I don't see why he would be) but his block goes for $140AUD, plus shipping charges. Google for the conversion rate... I believe it's something like $1.00CAD = $1.15AUD.

Heh just to think the swiftech waterblock it worth 1 xp 1600 cpu Im gonna ask relatives for 2 of these when thay ask what I want for christmas :)

Skulemate said:
Hope he doesn't mind me posting this (he's been fairly up front about this so I don't see why he would be) but his block goes for $140AUD, plus shipping charges. Google for the conversion rate... I believe it's something like $1.00CAD = $1.15AUD.
The rate is about $.55 to an AUD, almost 2 to 1. I believe a white water shipped is $170 AUD so that would be 170 x .55 = $93.5 US. remember though, Cathar does not mass produce these, they cost alot to get machined, they are well worth it and really do outperform all blocks I have ever used some 4 - 6C. They are truly amazing and I have never seen performance like this from water alone.

I'd attack Cathar's blocks, but the idea of spending $400 on waterblocks isn't very appealing, sorry :(

edit: I forgot, as of today, I'm supposed to be building 3 of these dual amd cpu systems, so it'd be $600 now

nikhsub1 said:

The rate is about $.55 to an AUD, almost 2 to 1. I believe a white water shipped is $170 AUD so that would be 170 x .55 = $93.5 US. remember though, Cathar does not mass produce these, they cost alot to get machined, they are well worth it and really do outperform all blocks I have ever used some 4 - 6C. They are truly amazing and I have never seen performance like this from water alone.

If you wanted to order 4 from me at once, I'm sure we could work out a lower price than ~$77 US each. Shipping per block drops off dramatically after the first block, the initial being ~$17 US, but per block afer the first is just an extra ~$9 US each (insured international air-mail).

Im outta touch.....haven't heard anything about this white water block. Could anyone be as kind to give me a link.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4964

is probably the most succinct thread.

JoT said:
I'd attack Cathar's blocks, but the idea of spending $400 on waterblocks isn't very appealing, sorry :(

That's understandable. I was thinking of trying to get much closer to the $300 mark for you though all shipped.

Back