• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCX462+T. TEC air cooling for AMD (not P4?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_maximilian_

well this is interesting, swiftech has come up with a new TEC air cooling unit.

you can read the great article joe has written about it right here: http://www.overclockers.com/articles646/
226 Watt Peltier (15.2 volts)
1/2" thick copper base
Motherboard socket hole mounting

the results are outstanding of course, but why isnt there a P4 version of this?

the P4 produces less heat than an AMD XP and a P4 has a much more protected core. besides, with all the mad P4 oc'ing these days its strange that swiftech hasn't got a socket 478 of this heatsinks.

still its very impressive,.

Kunaak

the guys in "extreme cooling" don't seem impressed at all.
I personally think that article was too vague and un-thorough.
I would like to see more details and such, before I make up my mind about it, cause at the moment it seems like a decent idea...

till you realize you need a seperate TEC powersupply and dielectric grease in the socket at all that stuff.
by the time you buy all that, the price is nearly 300.

for 300, you can buy a nice water cooling set up and never worry about a fan.

deeppow

Had seen it on Swiftech's web site awhile back and was interested in how it would perform when it came out. In terms the results and bang for the buck, I underwhelmed. :cool:

Deathknight

I was interested at first but when I consider all of the trouble with condensation and such that you would go through with this setup I think why not go with a water cooled pelt setup? If it was a simple bolt on that would be another story...